As promised in our last newsletter at the end of March, we are writing again to inform our Baroque Music Festival community of the Board of Directors’ decision with regard to the planned 40th season, June 21-28.
It is with great sadness that we have taken the regrettable, but necessary, decision to cancel the 40th Baroque Music Festival in June.
This is not a decision that has been taken lightly, but it has been taken for the safety of our supporters and performers. Many governmental and scientific sources indicate that the large crowds we typically enjoy during the Festival will remain unadvisable, perhaps even unallowable, for considerable time to come. In addition, there is no indication at present that our wonderful venues will be open again in June, making it impossible to plan ahead with any certainty.
If you have purchased tickets or subscriptions for our 2020 June Festival:
- We would like to request you consider donating the value of your purchase back to the Festival in return for a tax-deductible receipt for your contribution. This will help us, and our musicians, financially—to ensure the future of the Festival. We have recently implemented a performers’ compensation plan, so that every one of the 55 musicians involved in the 40th season receives a generous partial reimbursement for lost fees, and your donation will reinforce that plan.
- Alternatively, a full refund of your ticket purchase will be given.
How to donate your tickets or request a refund:
- Contact us by replying to this email with your preference
- Call to leave a message on (949) 760-7887
- Send an email request to email@example.com
- Write to us by U.S. mail (at the address provided below)
If you’ve not already purchased tickets and would like to contribute to the Festival’s future, consider making a tax-deductible donation toward our efforts to bring the Festival back in 2021 and beyond, by giving in support of our musicians and programs:
- Our Board members have sought to lead this effort by contributing the amounts they would have spent for subscriptions and single tickets in the 2020 season, and you may wish to do the same.
- Alternatively, any amount is welcome and will help us continue to offer the beautiful Baroque music we all appreciate.
- Click here for easy online or mail-in donation options.
Elizabeth Blumenstock, Artistic Director, writes:
Warm greetings to all of our wonderful Festival family! I’m missing you already, and mourning the sad loss of our opportunity to celebrate 40 years of the Baroque Music Festival with you in June. That said, I am terrifically heartened by the Board’s supportive response to the Festival’s performers, and by its enthusiastic commitment to bounding back into musical action once this pandemic passes from threat to memory. I look forward to communing with Bach, Handel, Purcell and all of you in a happier and safer time. Be and stay well, along with all those you love!
We will provide updates, in future, as circumstances evolve. Until we meet again, please stay safe and stay healthy.
With our very best regards,
Patricia Bril, President, on behalf of the Board of Directors; and
Elizabeth Blumenstock, Artistic Director
Baroque Music Festival, Corona del Mar