THE APPLICATION DEADLINE TO BECOME PART OF LLCIP'S 2020 SUMMER SESSION IS FAST APPROACHING!
Looking for a great summer experience that combines PAID work experience, personal growth, civic commitment, networking, and peer relationships within the community? There is still time to apply for the 2020 LLCIP summer session.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS MARCH 15TH
We welcome students of all majors to apply for summer positions. We work with our agency sites to offer a variety of opportunities across a range of fields. Opportunities are posted online as they become available through out the late fall and early winter.
To qualify for the program a student must meet the following criteria:
- The student must be at least 18 years old
- The student can attend college anywhere in the country but must have primary residency in Lorain County
- The student must have access to a reliable mode of transportation, as travel may be part of your job and the weekly meetings
- Must have graduated from high school and completed one year of college level work (additional to any college work that may have been completed as part of your high school curriculum).
- Must attend the weekly meetings sponsored by LLCIP/Leadership Lorain County during the ten-week project to learn more about our community, its resources and public service. Meetings are held during the workweek and your host agency will be aware. There will not be more than one meeting held during the work day in any one week.
- Must attend the recognition ceremony at the end of the program.
Your host agency and/or LLC may require preliminary or random drug testing throughout the program.
- Please plan accordingly. Vacations are highly discouraged. If you plan to be absent at any time throughout the program the dates must be submitted, in writing, in advance and agreed upon by both your site supervisor and the internship coordinator, understanding that any loss of hours may result in loss of pay.
Along with the COMPLETED APPLICATION THAT YOU CAN FIND ONLINE HERE, each interested student must submit 2 letters of reference, a current resume, and a personal essay.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON OUR SITES, PROGRAM, OR TO DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION CLICK HERE OR ON THE LINK IN THE IMAGE ABOVE.