We've had a great start to 2020 beginning with our KI fire relief efforts, raising $512 for local residents and businesses directly affected by the recent fires. Many thanks for your generous donations🙏
We've listened to your requests for more classes with Yoga Kids and Gentle Yoga now on our regular schedule (see details below).
We say goodbye to Jura House and HELLO to our new YOGA GARAGE retreat location River's End Retreat in Goolwa (pic above). I'm looking forward to luxurious weekend offerings filled with nourishing practices and delicious local food prepared in house by our talented hostess Trudy! February retreat is full, but we will be holding a Winter Retreat from 26th - 28th June. Bookings will open at the end of February - with only 10 places available we recommend you register your interest asap.
Before I sign off and give you a chance to sit down with a cuppa and read on, I just want to say THANKYOU for being a part of our Yoga Garage community! I so look forward to walking through 2020 together 💓
Karen 🌸🌿 xx
January LONG WEEKEND we are
OPEN Saturday with HOTTEST 100 from 10:30am.
🧘♀️NO CLASS 🧘♀️ 7:30am Saturday (25th Jan) or 7:15pm Monday (27th Jan)
🕉 NEW CLASS SPECIAL 🕉
New to our schedule GENTLE YOGA will run each Thursdays from 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm. This class is suitable for beginners or anyone looking for a slower approach to practice that includes building strength.
Topics covered will be:
- How to make yoga fun, accessible, and safe for you and your individual needs
- Finding your conscious breath, what is pranayama
- Sun Salutations
- Basic standing postures for strength & balance
- Learn to relax, yoga nidra: a guided relaxation
6 gentle yoga classes $90 ($15 a class)
🕉 YOGA KIDS 🕉
We're excited to announce that Yoga Kids is BACK 🤗 and even more excited to introduce our new Yoga Kids teacher Kate Milburn.
Kate is a primary school teacher with 29 years teaching experience. She has been practising yoga since her teens and sharing yoga in the classroom since 2014.
Kate is passionate about children’s wellbeing and sees yoga, meditation, mindfulness and breathing techniques as being a needed counterbalance to today’s online and busy life.
BOOK IN online or in studio
TERM 1 (8- 12 year olds)
Tuesdays 4:45 pm - 5:30 pm
11th February - 31st March 2020
- Teaching our children to care for their bodies with awareness
- Sharing with them the tools they need to relax & de-stress
- Improving focus and concentration
- Enhanced flexibility, coordination, strength and resilience
BOOK IN 8 weeks $90
Vote for your favorite 5 yoga poses and this weekend we'll practice them together - Countdown style!
Voting closes this FRIDAY. Let us know your faves via email, sms, facebook, instagram or in class
- We can't wait to share another fun filled morning of your favorite poses!
You can use your yoga class pass for this event
SATURDAY 25th January 10:30am - 12:00pm
- What will take the #1 Spot in 2020?
Hottest 100 will replace 10:30am class this week
$20 gets you entry into the event, wine, nibbles and a bag full of new-to-you clothes to take home.
If you’ve never been to a Clothes Swap before, it’s time to check it out. Here is a new way to spruce up your wardrobe without the usual financial or environmental cost. Plus, it’s fun!!
Start spring cleaning your wardrobe and grab those good quality items that you have hidden in the back of your wardrobe for far too long! Feel that deep sense of decluttering satisfaction and look forward to new treasured items of clothes coming your way
FRIDAY 28th February 6:00pm - 9:00pm
All profits from this event will be donated to the KI Mayoral Fund
ON THE NIGHT
Drop off your items to swap from 6pm - 6:30pm at the hall (drop offs can also be made to YOGA GARAGE in the week leading up)
PRESS PAUSE for an hour. Socialise in the foyer with nibbles and a glass of wine, head out locally for dinner or picnic in the park with a friend or two! (What a fab way to start a Friday night!)
In the meantime we'll sort into shoes / dresses / jeans etc ready for SWAP time at 7:30pm.
HINTED CITRUS CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
This is a recipe for dark chocolate lovers!
These are the yummy treats I brought to classes in the last week of 2019. Many of you asked for the recipe - here it is!
You will need:
- 2 cups cashews
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup raw honey or agave syrup
- 6 dried Apricots (or dried figs or dates) soaked for 2 hours
- 1 Tablespoon cacao butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- Pinch of salt
Recipe credit: Urban Rabbit 🙏🐰
- In a food processor combine the cashews and cacao powder and pulse into a coarse flour.
- Slowly add in the cacao butter and the the remaining ingredients until well mixed.
- Form into teaspoon - tablespoon size balls.
- Roll balls into cacao nibs, cacao powder or bee pollen to finish.
- Place in fridge for 30mins before serving.