Dear Friend of the Ashram,
Sripad Bhakti Kamal Tyagi Maharaj will be traveling through Northern California and Oregon during the first week of July. Tour dates and a description of what to expect are below.
Sripad Bhakti Kamal Tyagi Maharaj
Sunday, July 5, 6:00-7:30 pm
Lakshmi Narayan Mandir Temple
7495 Elder Creek Rd, Sacramento, CA 95824
Tuesday, July 7, 7:30-9:30 pm
Community Yoga Center
On the Plaza, 890 G Street, Arcata, CA
Thursday, July 9, 8:30-10:00 pm
1633 Willamette Street, Eugene, OR
In Eugene we will also have an earlier program on Thursday, probably in a park, time and place TBA.
Oregon Country Fair
Friday, July 10, All day
The Art of All Activity & A Clear Vision of the Sweetest Ideal
Swami Kamal Tyagi gives us a deeper look into the sincere seekers' path of genuine proper adjustment with the environment and elucidates the process of how to transform the pain of exploitation into a conscious connection with the plane of dedication.
In his practice he strives to make the truths revealed by the Vedic research scholars and the ancient Vedic scriptures, such as Srimad Bhagavad-gita, applicable in the modern day. He adheres to the ideals of the Gaudiya Vaishnavas which contain the virtues found in all spiritual traditions, and cultivates their essence: the eternal soul’s quest for selfless love in service to the Supreme Absolute, Reality the Beautiful, with the qualities of humility, tolerance, and respect for all living beings.
Swami Kamal Tyagi is a sannyasi (monk) dedicated to the practice of Bhakti Yoga and is an active publisher and lecturer, knowledgeable in both Sanskrit and Bengali. He earned a B.S. degree in Environmental Studies from the University of California, Santa Cruz, prior to becoming a monk. He resides primarily in India at Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, West Bengal, but regularly travels internationally where he teaches at yoga centers, ashrams, festivals, universities, and the homes of all who welcome him.
He has taught in the following countries: Bangladesh, Brazil, Colombia, Germany, Holland, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Nepal, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.
Braja Mohini Devi Dasi
You may also contact:
Cinmoydev Das at (831) 239-023
- July 5-10 – Sripad Bhakti Kamal Tyagi Maharaj's tour to Sacramento and Arcata, CA and Eugene, OR
- July 17, 2015 – Gundicha Marjana ~ Cleansing of the Gundicha Temple
- July 18, 2015 – Ratha Yatra of Sri Jagannath Dev, Disappearance of Srila Swarup Damodar Goswami and Sriman Sivananda Sen
- July 21, 2015 – Hera Panchami
- July 26, 2015 – Purna Yatra of Sri Jagannathdev (Return car festival). Disappearance of Tridandi Swami Bhakti Kamal Madhusudan Maharaj.
- July 27, 2015 – Ekadasi. Sri Hari Shayan.
- July 28, 2015 – Paran 6:11 - 7:29 am
- July 31, 2015 – Appearance of Srila Vyasadev, Disappearance of Srila Sanatan Goswami Prabhu, beginning of Chaturmasya (when started on Purnima as followed in Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math)
- August 5, 2015 – Disappearance of Srila Gopal Bhatta Goswami Prabhu
- August 7, 2015 – Disappearance of Srila Lokanath Goswami Prabhu
- August 10, 2015 – Mahadvadasi