Dear devotees and friends of the Ashram,
On Saturday April 12th we will observe the divine disappearance day of Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj, our dear Gurudev. How fortunate we were to have the association of such an elevated and pure devotee of the Lord. He gave us his mercy freely, over and over, regardless of our faults and offenses. We were swimming in the ocean of nescience but he reached out and touched our hearts with his affectionate embrace, giving us hope and nourishment in our spiritual endeavor. He has left our mundane vision, but he continues to shower his mercy on us through his devotees and friends. Please come and join us on this very special day in glorifying his Divine Grace and help us to remember his glorious and merciful pastimes.
Srila Janardan Maharaj, who has just returned from India, will be leading the programs in Soquel and San Jose. We are also blessed by the association of Sripad Parvat Maharaj and this year our very special guest will be Srila Ashram Maharaj. Please don’t miss the association of these wonderful Vaishnavas.
Before the program in San Jose there will be Nagar Sankirtan starting from the temple at 4 pm.
Disappearance of His Divine Grace
Om Vishnupad Srila Bhakti Sundar
Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj
Saturday, April 12, 2014
10:30 am in Santa Cruz
5:30 pm in San Jose
(Nagar Sankirtan from the
temple in San Jose at 4 pm)
govindabhidham ujjvalam vara-tanum
bhakty anvitam sundaram
vande visva-gurun cha
divya-bhagavat-premno hi bija-pradam
“I worship the holy lotus feet of he who perfectly fulfills the most cherished wish of his divine master–who is adorned resplendently with the blessings of his guru varga; who is adept in all Vedic conceptions, both conceivable and inconceivable; who is the faithful follower in the line of Sri Rupa; who is known as Srila Govinda Maharaj; whose beautiful divine figure revels in the mellows of divine love; who is the guru of the entire universe and the bestower of the seed of divine love for the Supreme Lord.”
by Srila Bhakti Rakshak Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj
Dates to remember:
- April 8, 2014 – Sri Rama-navami. Fast until noon. Appearance at noon of Sri Ramachandra.
- April 10, 2014 – Ekadasi
- April 11, 2014 – Paran 06:45-11:01 am
- April 12, 2014 – Festival in honour of the disappearance of Om Vishnupad Paramahamsa Parivrajakacharya-varya Astottara-sata Sri Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj.
- April 15, 2014 – Vasanta rasa of Sri Krishna. Rasayatra of Sri Balarama. Appearance of Srila Vamsivadananda Thakur and Srila Syamananda Prabhu.
- April 20, 2014 – Disappearance of Sripad Krishna das Babaji Maharaj
- April 24, 2014 – Disappearance of Srila Vrindavan das Thakur
- April 25, 2014 – Ekadasi
- April 26, 2014 – Paran 06:25-10:52 am