Hi <<First Name>>
Sunday 15th March is the date for Auckland Curling's AGM, and our season kicks off with two Have-a-Go and training sessions in May.
AGM and BBQ lunch
Auckland Curling's Annual General Meeting
will be held in the afternoon of Sunday 15th March at the Auckland Joggers Club / Grammar-TEC Rugby clubrooms, Puriri Drive, Cornwall Park.
We will have the barbecues hot by 1:00 pm, start the AGM around 1:30 pm (not before), and then Geoff Balme will lead a discussion on the completed feasibility study into a dedicated curling rink on the North Shore. The study will be finalised by the end of February, so it will be hot off the press.
Notices of motion must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Sunday 1st March.
With the next stage towards the goal of a dedicated curling rink as a part of a combined ice sports complex coming up, this is an exciting time for Auckland Curling! We need all the help we can get to push ahead with this project AND keep curling active and vibrant until we get our new home. Why not think about putting your talents to work with your club's committee?
We’ll send more details of the AGM a week before the meeting.
2020 Auckland Calendar
- Sun 15 March – BBQ lunch and AGM
- Sun 3 & 17 May – Have a Go and training for new curlers, refresher for returning players
- Sun 24 May – Club league starts, most Sundays through until mid-October
- Mon 1 June – NZ Mixed Fours Championship, Paradice Avondale
- Thu 30 Apr & 7 May – Secondary Schools Have a Go and training
- Thu 14 May – Secondary School league starts
Kiwis in action on the World stage
NZ Curling Overseas Experience
- Auckland's Benjamin Frew, Garion Long and Brett Sargon in Canada
- Dunedin's Mhairi-Bronte Duncan in Sweden
We look forward to catching up at our AGM next month, or else on the ice in early May. We'll send more info out on both of these closer to the time.