Hello Contra Costa School Board Members and Superintendents:
As a reminder, you're invited to
"How to Maintain Decorum & Civility in School Board Meetings"
Tuesday, September 7th, at 5:00 PM via Zoom.
Speakers from CSBA will present tips and sample policies on how you can keep your school board meetings running smoothly, such as:
The program and Q&A will run from 5 PM to 6 PM.
- How to prepare before the meeting and engage during the meeting with law enforcement/security
- How to set up your board room for safe community engagement
- Protocols for suspending or stopping a school board meeting and clearing the room
- How to de-escalate community members (for those who use profanity, go over their allotted time or become or threaten to become violent, etc.)
- Resource: Civility statement/protocol to read before the opening of every meeting to set the stage
Plus, for those that would like time to network and converse, you may remain on Zoom from 6 PM to 7 PM for breakout rooms.
Please RSVP/register ahead here. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. If you received a confirmation, you do not need to register again.
NEW REQUEST: Please respond to the CCCSBA Member Survey to inform the Executive Committee about programs of interest to you, meeting locations and times. Click here: 2021-22 Member Survey
Save these dates for upcoming CCCSBA meetings this year:
Hope to see you Tuesday, September 7 at 5:00 PM.
- October 7, 2021: Program Topic TBA
- January 20, 2022: Governor's Budget, CSBA's Dennis Meyers
- March 3, 2022: Legislative Advocacy
- May 19, 2022: May Revise, CSBA's Dennis Meyers and Election of Officers
- CCCSBA website here: www.cccsba.org.
The CCCSBA Executive Committee
Cherise Khaund, President
Rachel Hurd, 1st VP - Programs
Richard Severy, 2nd VP - Legislation
Linda Mayo, 3rd VP - Communications
Sarah Butler, Secretary
Yolanda Mendrek, Treasurer
Marina Ramos, Immediate Past President
De'Shawn Woolridge, NCS/CIF Rep