The Improv Resource Center is excited to announce three more SceneBlast drop-in classes in November and December with a featuring a variety of great teachers and coaches chosen from across the improv community. Each SceneBlast is a one time class for improvisors of all levels.
How does it work?
SceneBlast is a blast of scenes. We’ll start with some warmups and then it’s a continuous stream of one scene after another. When you finish a scene, you’ll come off stage, go into the hall and get notes immediately from one of three coaches that night. While you are getting notes in the hall, the next scene has already begun, and when you are done you’ll get right back on stage and into the scene rotations. SceneBlast is the improv workout you’ve been looking for!
This is a style of workshop pioneered at the Torch Theater in Phoenix.
We have scheduled three of these workshops in November and December at different days and times. They all take place at the new Improv Resource Center studio at 4410 N Ravenswood Ave. Sign up by clicking one of the following links:
Each of these cost $19 and are limited to 12 students total to ensure that you will get plenty of chances to get notes and put them into action.
Who are the coaches?
- Lilly Allison is a teacher at the Annoyance Theatre and performed with the Second City Touring Company.
- Will Meinen performs at iO Theater.
- John Hildreth is the Artistic Director of the Chicago Improv Festival and teaches at Second City.
- Allison Reese is a Bob Curry Fellow and performs with Matt Damon.
- Gabe Caruso performs at Under The Gun Theater
- Megan Johns teaches at The Annoyance Theatre and is a founding member of the New Colony.
- Kevin Mullaney is the Director of the Improv Resource Center and teaches at Second City.
* This is a style of workshop pioneered at the Torch Theater in Phoenix.