Walid L. Petiri AAMS, RFC
The Top 5 Foresights of 2015!
Introduction to "Life Cycle Planning"
- Financial planning means something different to everyone. For some, it's about getting by month to month on their paycheck, for others it's about watching how their stock portfolio performs each day. Read more
Why Have Life Insurance?
- Life insurance is not an easy decision. When is the last time you thought about your policy? Do you have the right kind? The right amount of coverage? Is the coverage at work adequate? Or for some the issue is even: Do they need it at all? Read more
China Blues: Not Over
- The slowdown in the Chinese economy that has whipsawed the markets all the summer could continue rattling our economy in the months ahead.
There has been a steady stream of bad news coming out of China. The value of China’s exports in September fell 3.7% from a year earlier. More worrisome: Imports collapsed by more than 20%. The bigger picture looks just as bleak. China’s gross domestic product rose 6.9% in the third quarter, the slowest quarterly pace since 2009, when global economies were mired in recession. Though the GDP number was better than expected, many economists believe the economy may be in worse shape than the report indicated. Read more
OPEC Declares (Price) War
- The oil-fueled woes of Russia, the bully of Eastern Europe, delight many in the West. Ditto for the plight of nuclear “energy” seeking Iran. Still, the fallout is harming fragile nations like strife-torn Nigeria. The losers’ list due to oil’s price plunge is wide, indiscriminate and disconcerting. Read more
The End of the American Mall...not quite Yet
- Everyone knows the scene: the cavernous arcades filled with people happily darting in and out of specialty stores as they glide along toward a big anchor like Nordstrom or Macy’s. True, many high-end malls are doing quite well, but mid-tier and lower-end shopping centers are struggling or closing. And all those dying malls are taking some retailers down with them. Read more
Mr. Petiri is the owner of Financial Management Strategies, LLC (FMS) a Registered Investment Advisor established in the year 2000. He has over two decades of financial experience that covers virtually all areas of finance from tax, insurance, stockbroker, personal financial planning and personal banking to corporate credit, business planning and consumer lending. Additionally in 2011 he co-founded CASI Institutional Consulting, Inc. (CIC) an institutional investment advisor that provides Investment policy statement (IPS) preparation, investment manager search and selection, and state of the art asset allocation designs including the creation and implementation of emerging and diversely owned investment manager initiatives. Combined he advises on over $3. 3 billion of assets invested by clients who are public pensions, state funds, private endowment and foundations, as well as select individuals.
He is a graduate of New Jersey's Montclair State University with a degree in both business management and finance. Mr. Petiri is a recipient of the Accredited Asset Management Specialist designation from the College of Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado. He is also a Registered Financial Consultant and select member of the International Association of Registered Financial Consultants, an organization of professional financial advisors who are required to maintain a high standard of education, experience and integrity.
Mr. Petiri has frequently been heard on WEAA (88.9 FM) as a financial commentator, appeared on WMAR-TV 2 regarding the 2008 & 2009 economic downturn, and MTA Commuter Connections regarding residential land development. He has been interviewed and quoted
by the Investment News magazine, written for the Journal of Personal Finance, is a frequent contributor to the IARFC publication, The Register, Popular Finance (of China), Minority Enterprise Advocate magazine, and publishes a monthly financial advice column called the Foresight. Mr. Petiri was also quoted in Bankrate.com
and currently writes for the Baltimore Examiner. Most recently, Walid’s articles can also be found on Aging News Alert
, TheStreet.com, Wall Street CheatSheet, Examiner
, and AdviceIQ.com
In June 2012, Walid was featured in SmartCEO Magazine - Baltimore for the 2012 Top Money Managers Wealth Management
. Walid also serves on the Finance Committee of Associated Black Charities and is member of Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church. He is a devoted parent to his son and daughter.