Immigration Updates: Registration Update
- Classes begin on August 24 and August 28 is the deadline for registration. Any registration after August 28 will require special permission from the instructor and registrars' office.
- Fall 2020 registration is open—this semester, to make registering easier, you do NOT need to receive an access code.
- For undergraduate students, you must enroll in at least 12 credits. For graduate students, you must enroll in at least 6 credits to maintain your full-time student status.
- For students currently outside the U.S., you may maintain your F-1 status as long as you are registered full-time.
- If you are studying in the United States for the Fall 2020 semester and do not pay your International Student Health Insurance by August 20, your Fall 2020 courses will be dropped by the end of that day.
Immigration Updates: Reminders
- Fall 2020 Curricular Practical Training (CPT): Before submitting CPT documentation, it is recommended that you talk with your immigration advisor to talk about if you are eligible. If you are eligible, you will then need to submit the following items to your immigration advisor:
- Job Offer Letter that includes the following:
- Dates of employment
- Hours you will be working
- Printed on letterhead and signed by hiring manager/supervisor
- Register in an internship course for Summer 2020
- CPT FORM completed by you and your academic advisor
- Reduced Course Load (RCL): If you submitted a Reduced Course Load (RCL) form this semester for the reason that it is “Last semester to complete program of study” that means that you do NOT have any courses to take beyond December 11, 2020. If that is not that case and you have courses to complete in Spring 2021, then please contact your immigration advisor immediately! You may have to register for more courses this semester so you’re complying with your F-1 status. If you need to complete an RCL Form, please make sure one gets submitted before the start of the Fall 2020 semester.
- Need a Currently Enrolled Letter?: You can request a currently enrolled letter online. Once you submit the form, you will receive a letter within 3-5 business days.
- Update U.S. Physical Address: Remember to update your address as necessary. Your permanent address in E-services should always reflect your current residence while on a student visa.
Immigration Updates: Advising
- Immigration Advisor: Do you know who your immigration advisor is? If you do not, you can search on MavConnect under “My Success Network.” Please make sure you meet with your immigration advisor if you have any immigration-related questions.
- This LINK will provide you with more information about how to set-up a MavConnect appointment with your immigration advisor.
Fall 2020 Immigration Advising Hours (starting 08/24/2020):
- Erika: 10 am-12 pm (Walk-ins via Zoom); 12-1 pm (Scheduled Appts via Zoom), Tuesdays 7 pm-9 pm (Walk-ins/Scheduled Appts via Zoom)
- Dan: 1 pm-3 pm (Walk-in hours, M-Th); 3 pm-4 pm (Schedule Appts, M-Th). Dan will be in-person Mondays and Wednesdays, and online (Zoom) M-Th. Fridays will be by appointment only.
- Hamdi: 10 am-12 pm (Scheduled Appts via Zoom), 3 pm-4 pm (Walk-in Appts via Zoom). Note: In-person by appt only in specified space.
- Mustafa: 10 am-11 am (Walk-ins via Zoom); 11-1 pm (Scheduled Appts via Zoom)
- Alissa: 2 pm-3 pm (Scheduled Appts via Zoom).
Please note: you will receive an email from your immigration advisor at the end of August/beginning of September.
International Maverick Scholarship
The CCS just changed its name to International Maverick Scholarship and has a new email (firstname.lastname@example.org).