International Student Emergency Assistance Grant
Global Education and the Kearney Center are excited to announce the International Student Emergency Assistance (ISEA) grant available to F-1/J-1 students currently enrolled at MSU, Mankato.
To be considered for this funding opportunity, you must:
· Meet with your immigration advisor to receive a recommendation
· Demonstrate financial need through the grant application process
· Be in valid F-1/J-1 status
· Be currently enrolled in a degree program at MSU, Mankato
Grants range between $100-$1,000 depending on financial need.
Please set up a zoom appointment with your advisor to learn more!
- FREE FOOD! Happening on Saturday, May 16 from 12noon to 2pm. Go to the Wisdom House (222 East Walnut Street) during the designated time and you will receive FRESH FRUIT AND VEGETABLES. Students are expected to socially distance themselves by attending the event in cars and the driver is advised to cover the face, if possible. No need to RSVP.
- Campus Cupboard New Hours: During the Corona pandemic the Cupboard is open Tuesdays from 11:00 1:00 for select-your-own foods. On Thursdays from 9:00 – 11:00 AM. The Cupboard offers a prepackaged box of food. Have your student ID with you.
- Bridges Pantry: Please see below for details.
- The Kearney Center updates our social media frequently with offers and help that we hear about. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
Sprintax Tax Webinar
May 14, 2020 11:00 AM: Register Here
Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- A recap of IRS filing obligations for nonresident international students, scholars and professionals (including some polls to engage the audience)
- Overview of the IRS stimulus payment eligibility and updated information received from the IRS on how to return payments for those who received it in error
- Amending tax returns for those who incorrectly filed as a resident
- A short overview of the core screens of Sprintax to familiarize them with the process of preparing their tax returns online.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar from GoToWebinar.