Immigration Updates: Registration Update
- Classes begin on August 24 and August 28 is the deadline for registration. Any registration after August 28 will require special permission from the instructor and registrars office.
- Fall 2020 registration is open—this semester, to make registering easier, you do NOT need to receive an access code.
- For undergraduate students, you must enroll in at least 12 credits. For graduate students, you must enroll in at least 6 credits to maintain your full-time student status.
- For students currently outside the U.S., you may maintain your F-1 status as long as you are registered full-time.
- If you are studying in the United States for the Fall 2020 semester and do not pay your International Student Health Insurance by August 20, your Fall 2020 courses will be dropped by the end of that day.
Immigration Updates: Traveling
- If you are planning on traveling internationally during this time, please make sure you meet with your immigration advisor to talk about travel considerations and travel restrictions.
- The COVID-19 FAQ site contains information about potential travel restrictions from your home country.
- If traveling back to Minnesota, be sure to carry the following printed items with you:
- I-20 with current travel authorization
- Valid/Unexpired passport
- Valid/Unexpired visa stamp in passport
- Custom and Border Patrol Letter of Support (contact your immigration advisor)
- Printed copy of SEVP Guidance
- Printed copy of YOUR fall class schedule
- If the Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) officer is not complying with current guidance, request to speak to a supervisor.
Need a Currently Enrolled Letter?: You can request a currently enrolled letter online. Once you submit the form, you will receive a letter within 3-5 business days.