Globish, Unreliable Narrators, Bulli For You, Anti Kale, Design The Shining Maze, Darts, Robots Buying Drugs.
What's this, you say?! Why it's a blast from the past! This was an edition from 2015 and we're bringing it back because we're on vacation and we heard #ThrowbackThursday was still a thing. What do you say to that?!
- Who knew there was such an audience for dart throwing? Brighten up your Tuesday by watching the crowd go wild as this guy throws 17 perfect darts.
- What Will the World Speak in 2015 is an excellent essay on evolving global linguistics from WSJ.
- For an art project some guys decided to program a bot and give it $100 to spend each week, shipping whatever they ordered to their own address. And then the robot bought 10 pills of ecstasy. And a falsified Hungarian passport... What to do about robots breaking laws? No idea.
- Genius Steals is judging the One Show One Screen awards for short films - here's a funny one about a Gunfighter, narrated in an unusual fashion by Ron Swanson from Parks & Rec.
- We never made it to el Bulli [but we can recommend their Tickets Tapas Bar in Barcelona, where you can sample the famous Spherical Olives] but this piece about gastronaut Ferran Adrià's new foundation and creativity lab makes for a fun journey through a creative mind.
- Speaking of gastronauts, McDonald's trolls them in this new campaign, and it feels like they are finally owning the right place for the Big Mac - ANTI KALE.
- Speaking of ads, this hilarious clip shows how women and men are portrayed very differently in them.
- ICYMI - Genius Steals wrote some fun[ny] 2015 predictions for Campaign USA - which has been picked up by the print edition in the Middle East. So they must be funny.
- The Stanely Hotel, which is what inspired Stephen King to write The Shining, is running a contest to design a maze for the grounds, inspired by the maze inspired by the maze in Kubrick's The Shining movie. This is the essence of Genius Steals, right there.
rosie & faris, geniussteals.co
Want to collaborate with Rosie and Faris? They are a husband and wife team that consult, speak, write, teach, strategize, facilitate & generally play well with others.