On Tuesday, December 13, President Obama signed the historic 21st Century Cures Act into law, in an emotional ceremony that is likely to be the last public signing ceremony of his presidency. The multi-platform legislation earmarks $6.3 billion in funding to elevate advancements in medical research, cancer treatment, opioid abuse prevention, mental healthcare, and more. We chose this week to look at five different sides of healthcare that the Cures Act will touch.
This Week's "Friday 5":
The 21st Century Cures Act
1) Money from Cures Act to fight opioid abuse: Read Article.
2) 21st Century Cures Act offers hope for mental-health reform: Read Article.
3) Biden’s farewell gift: Cancer moonshot helps pass $6.3 billion research bill: Read Article.
4) Ensuring the 21st Century Cures Act ends Alzheimer's: Read Editorial.
5) 21st Century Cures Act Tackles Postpartum Depression: Read Article.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS: Our 15th Annual Northwest Patient Safety Conference is on the books for May 11, 2017! This is the only comprehensive patient safety event of its kind in the 5-state WWAMI region. This year's event, themed "The Heart and Science of Patient Safety," will feature keynote speaker Dr. David Classen, Chief Medical Information Officer at Pascal Metrics. Read the Full Announcement.
We hope to see you there!
Kelly Veit, MHA
Program Director. Washington Patient Safety Coalition
Foundation for Healthcare Quality
705 Second Ave. Ste. 410
Seattle, WA 98104
firstname.lastname@example.org | 206.204.7383