Team and Leadership Excellence Newsletter
Vol.25 March 2014
Welcome to the twenty-fifth monthly newsletter.
My Senior partner Omar Khan and I had the privilege of delivering a ‘Team Leadership Experience’ titled ‘Leading Winning Teams’ to about 120 invitees of the Dubai Quality Group [DQG] organized by our partners in Dubai, Right Selection.
The presentation was in 2 parts of vital aspects for leading winning teams. The first part presented by me was titled ‘Individual Accountability’ and the second part of the presentation was by Omar Khan titled ‘Team Accountability’.
I will be publishing blogs posts on the two presentations separately. However I would like to give some salient points in this newsletter.
I started my presentation with 3 questions.
- How many of you believe that having the best talent will give you the best result?
- How many of you believe that having the best strategy will give you the best results?
- Those who did not raise the hand for both, do you believe a combination of the best talent and strategy is the key?
More than 50% of the room raised their hands for each of the questions.
I responded saying that all of them were correct and that we at Sensei International believe that there is another critical ingredient: The quality of Teams. The Best strategy and best talent does not ensure they become the best team without the right ‘Team Leadership’. Team leadership requires individual accountability and team accountability.
Individual Accountability requires individuals to be credible and credibility is built by inculcating ‘The Credibility Habits’. I introduced 8 credibility habits.
- Show up on time
- Do What You Say
- Finish What You Start
- Be Courteous and Encouraging to Everyone
- Ask Don’t Assume
- If You Come Across a Problem, Own It - Ritz Carlton
- Be Coachable - Emerson
- Do a Little More Than is Expected
I will detail in one of my upcoming blog posts.
Omar spoke about the need for team accountability that requires;
- Agreeing on burning platforms
- Having clarity on team goals
- A new way of team decision making
- Agreeing of ways of working together
- How to strengthen relationships through candor and Conflict
- The 3 great conversations teams need to have
I will give more details of this presentation too in my upcoming blog.
My Journey in March 2014
My team and I was focused on delivering our assignments for Brac Bank, GPIT, Grameen Phone, Hirdaramani, IFIC Bank and Pearson Lanka. We also conducted ‘Mastery of Self [MS] through Neuro Linguistic Programming [NLP]’ in Sri Lanka on the 21st and 22nd of March.
One blog post was published during this month taking the total to 53. The new blog post along with a short excerpt is listed below for your information.
Turning Stress in to Success – A practical Illustration
“Stress is a choice. Stress is the negative interpretation of pressure. Those who take the pressure positively and the challenge that caused the pressure as a blessing, uses it to grow emotionally, spiritually, mentally and physically…”
Read the full post at: http://ranjandesilva.wordpress.com/2014/03/16/turning-stress-in-to-success-a-practical-illustration/
Photos of various events conducted by Ranjan and Sensei can be viewed at: http://www.ranjandesilva.net/#!gallery/cirw
14 articles have been published since the launch of this website . They are in the areas of leadership, teams, personal excellence, marketing and world affairs with relevance. Please click below to read them; http://www.ranjandesilva.net/#!articles/cp7n
3 tweets were sent out during the month, some of which are listed below:
- Turning Stress in to Success – A practical Illustration http://wp.me/p27f2w-McX
- The next Mastery of self playshop is scheduled for the 21, 22 March and 4, 5 April 2014 in Colombo. More details and…http://lnkd.in/bh4_VYP