Today we are starting our new series called Daring Faith. In this series, we will learn about different people in the Bible who had incredible faith in God! We will also hear and learn more about how we can have the same daring faith they had for God too!
To help us understand how we can be people of daring faith, we are going to learn about the Bible story of Noah. In this Bible story, we are going to hear about how Noah trusted God and built an ark, just like God had told him to do. Noah chose to believe in God and the incredible plan He had for him even though he did not completely understand it. Through hearing more of Noah’s story, we will learn about how we can believe in God even when it does not make any sense – just like Noah!
• What are some things you believe in?
We can choose to believe in many things, but today we are talking about how we can choose to believe in the most important thing of all - God! We can have daring faith when we choose to believe in God and the plan He has for us, even if it is confusing or does not make sense at the time.
Game: Yay or Nay
Directions: Tell the children they will be shown a question or statement. Have the children start the game all standing up. They will then have to determine whether or not the statement is true. If they think the statement is true, they will need to give a thumbs up. If they think the statement is false, they will need to give a thumbs down.
1. Is the sky blue (YAY)
2. Goldfish only have 10 second memories ( YAY)
3. You can sneeze with your eyes open ( NAY)
4. Lightening can strike the same place twice ( NAY)
Memory Verse: "With God’s power working in us, God can do much, much more than anything we can ask or imagine. Ephesians 3:20
The Bible says that all things are possible to those who believe. God wants us to believe His words even if we do not have the proof in the moment. Noah showed us a beautiful example of how we can choose to believe in God and all the amazing things He can do for us even if we do not understand our circumstances in the moment.
- Noah chose to walk with God. God also told Noah to build an ark and have two of every kind of animal on earth on this special ark.
- Even though this did not make much sense, Noah still chose to believe in God and obey what He told him to do. He built the ark and stored two of every kind of living creature on it.
- The Bible tells us we should believe in God too! We can believe and trust in God! He is a good God who has an amazing plan for each and every one of us.
1. What does it mean to have a daring faith?
2. Through faith, Noah believed God and obeyed His instructions even though he did not completely understand. What must this have been like for him?
3. Is there something in your own life that God is asking you to trust Him with, even though you cannot see or understand the outcome?