LGBTIQ+ Family and Domestic & Intimate Partner Violence
Monday 16th November 10am - 1pm
The Platform Perth, Adelaide Tce
$140 + GST
Includes all course materials, resources and certificate
28th May 2020 marked the inaugural LGBTI Domestic Violence Awareness Day. In an effort to build the capacity of services, we invite FDV / IPV Practitioners, GPs and Medical Practitioners, Community Service Providers, Mental Health Workers, Advocates, Suicide Prevention Providers and the wider community to join Connection And Wellbeing Australia in a workshop that will explore the experiences of LGBTIQ+ Family and Domestic Violence (FDV) and Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) and how we can better respond to the needs of LGBTIQ+ people.
Discussion will cover:
- How FDV and IPV presents in LGBTIQ+ communities
- Specific contributors to LGBTIQ+ FDV and IPV
- Unique challenges faced by LGBTIQ+ people experiencing FDV and IPV
- How to work inclusively with LGBTIQ+ people experiencing FDV and IPV
- Referring to and working with LGBTIQ+ groups to provide access to supports
Knowledge gained in this workshop will reduce the barriers faced by LGBTIQ+ people in being able to seek support. An important workshop not to be missed.
Part proceeds will go to Pride WA to support them to continue their vital work for the community
Only a few places remain available!