Although our current situation is serious, we are more fortunate than many other parts of the world. Improve your Mental Hygiene by doing and by remembering the following:
- Be mindful of all the actions of your body, speech and mind. Don’t do, say or think negatively - keep a positive attitude.
- Keep an attitude of gratitude!
- Always remember impermanence - everything changes, nothing is permanent - this too shall pass!
- Educate yourself with the latest information from experts such as the CDC and World Health Organization but don’t become obsessed with all the bad news - take an occasional news break … read a book, listen to music, meditate, take a walk in nature.
- Be mindful of your lifestyle - practice moderation in all things.
- Mindful breathing - take a few minutes each day and just focus on your breath.
- Turn hardships and challenges into opportunities to learn and grow. Adversity is our greatest teacher!
- Practice kindness and compassion with yourself and with all beings!
Promote Healing by Rejuvenating & Boosting your Immune system:
- Get adequate rest, at least of 8 hours of sleep per night
- Eat a nutritious and balanced diet
- Avoid raw foods including meat and vegetables (steam, sautee, or bake your vegetables)
- Drink boiled water after it has cooled down or lukewarm water - avoid ice water
- Get some exercise - you don’t need to go to the gym, get outside and talk a walk or go for a run, go for a bike ride
- Go outside and into the sunshine and fresh air but maintain social distancing of 6 feet away from other people
- Alleviate stress with meditation and simple breathing exercises
These tips will be set up as a weekly tele-health care education series from Kunde Institute. Please reference the calendar from www.kundewellness.org.
As always, Kunde Institute will continue to practice universal precautions, cleaning all surfaces daily, laundering our linens with hot water, making hand sanitizer available for all to use and being mindful and taking care of our own health & wellness so we can be of the most benefit to you, our patients!