Dear <<First Name>>,
Last week I spoke of “Untangling the Spaghetti” as we seek to be ready for the NEW normal.
THE OTHER SIDE now has core group of 44 Project Stakeholders and 8 Observers. Together we will begin “Mapping the Relaunch”.
These stakeholders reflect a great mix of growers, businesses from across the supply chain and those that contribute, monitor, regulate, and support horticulture in Tasmania and nationally.
THE OTHER SIDE Project Stakeholders are listed at the end of this newsletter here
. I sincerely thank them for their commitment to work together. As I said, there are no competitors.
During the week beginning the 18th
of May we will have our first meeting online. I will have quite some homework preparing for the first meeting, including key topics that need to be thought about and then prioritised.
MAPPING THE RELAUNCH will need to include the following key topics (at a minimum):
- Health and safety for everyone
- Providing safety guarantees
- Reviving demand
- Rebooting operations and supply chains
- Shifting IT & technology to restart mode
- Steering the restart with care
- Sustaining value creation born during the crisis
- Accepting that there are many unknowns that will remain nebulous for a long time
I also want to acknowledge the challenges of social distancing, food service, retail packaging, logistics and cross-docking, air freight and travel, digitalising communications, click & collect models, building new data, and, leveraging the TASMANIAN story of who we are at our best.