We are excited to announce that we are developing a virtual version of our 12-hour Living the Pledge Workshop. While registration is not yet open, we wanted signers of the Pledge as well as past workshop participants to mark the dates and help us spread the word!
The workshop will consist of six Wednesday evenings, 6:30-8:30pm, starting August 12 and running through September 23 (we’ll take September 2 off). Each week participants will be asked to prepare by reading articles and watching videos that cover the major topic of the module. Participants will be assigned to a small group that will meet each week as part of the two-hour session. (Attendance at every session is extremely important!) Sessions will also include large group presentations and conversation.
Here's a general overview of the sessions:
- August 12: Module 1 – Foundations for Understanding
- August 19: Module 2 – Pledging to Recognize and Confront Bias
- August 26: Module 3 – Speak Up Against Microaggressions
- September 2: Break
- September 9: Module 4 – Structural and Institutional Racism
- September 16: Module 5 – The Movement for Black Lives
- September 23: Module 6 – Personal Commitment to Ending Racism
We plan to open up registration in early July and space will be limited. We'll be sure to send out another email when registration is open and before we post it on our website. Hope you will help us spread the word and make plans to join us!
Stay safe and stay strong!