Haikus Can Amuse!
This will be a quickie newsletter! In last month's news I promised I'd tell you what my fun new project was, and now that I'm ready to launch it THIS SATURDAY (June 18th), I guess I can announce it!
My new book will be available on the 33rd anniversary of my saying "I do!" to Mike--June 18th!
Even if you don't want to write in this book, you should have one for your coffee table because it's SOOOO pretty! It's called Haikus Can Amuse! 366 Haiku Starters, and it's designed to be used and abused and scribbled in and taken on long trips (or not as long trips, say, to the "powder room"!)
After I dropped my iPhone in the ocean (iPhones evidently have a thing against any kind of water, but they're particularly finicky after exposure to salt water), I was phoneless for over two weeks. So I did what anyone else would do, and I developed a list of 366 haiku first lines. Then I figured, why not share these with everyone and let them finish the poem and then spend a few minutes writing about what inspired their finished product! Voilà! Your new journal awaits!
In Lieu of UPCOMING EVENTS, I'd like to highlight
The following individuals contributed complete poems along with their notes of inspiration as examples. You'll find their contributions at the back of the book after the 366th haiku first line prompt. I'm extraordinarily grateful to them for their generosity and their bravery!
my guest haiku contributors!
- Janet Sheppard Kelleher, author of Big C, little ta-ta ( https://www.amazon.com/Big-little-ta-ta-Kicking-Humorous/dp/1500532398 )
- Nadine Collier, Professional Counselor / Life Coach
- Judy W. Cole, Poet
- John O. Stewart, CW3, US Army (Ret)
- Maggie Lamond Simone, national award-winning columnist and author of Body Punishment and From Beer to Maternity ( https://www.amazon.com/Body-Punishment-Addiction-Finding-Courage/dp/1937612813/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1466048785&sr=1-1&keywords=body+punishment / https://www.amazon.com/Beer-Maternity-Maggie-Lamond-Simone-ebook/dp/B00IYUBGTM/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1466048889&sr=1-1&keywords=from+beer+to+maternity )
- Carol Bellhouse, attorney and author of 19 books and 23 scripts ( https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Carol+Bellhouse )
- John Paul McKinney, author of Charlie's Angle ( https://www.amazon.com/Charlies-Angle-John-Paul-McKinney/dp/1491091894/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1466049063&sr=1-1&keywords=Charlie%27s+angle )
- Stephanie R. Sorensen, author of Toru: Wayfarer Returns ( https://www.amazon.com/Toru-Wayfarer-Returns-Sakura-Steam/dp/0996932313/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1466049152&sr=1-1&keywords=toru+wayfarer+returns )
- Susan Matthews, HEA
- Andrew Wallace, Poet
- Patricia Bernier, artist, poet, Laurel's Mum
- Jennifer Sweete, author, dragon hunter, cat enthusiast ( http://www.amazon.com/Jennifer-Sweete/e/B01AB4WL4M/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1466049283&sr=1-2-ent )
- Ann Parker, author of the award-winning Silver Rush Mystery series ( http://www.amazon.com/Ann-Parker/e/B001K8BDA2/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1466049390&sr=1-1 )
- Nancy Schloerke, Director, Lake County Library
- Stefanie Foreman, "Being"
- Maria Weber, author of I'll Be There to Write the Story: A Mother-Daughter Journey Beyond Death ( https://www.amazon.com/There-Write-Story-Mother-Daughter-MOTHER-DAUGHTER/dp/B00AA9V6MM/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1466049529&sr=1-1&keywords=author+Maria+Weber%27s+I%27ll+Be+There )
Please visit the links I've provided and support my friends in the publishing industry!
And now, your prompts for the next TWO days:
1. Make a list of all the people who'd love to get a gift of
Haikus Can Amuse! (and any other books written by my
2. Please order a copy of Haikus Can Amuse! for yourself
and 5 / 7 / 5 copies as gifts!
If you order on Saturday, you'll also be able to download the Kindle version
of Haikus Can Amuse! (for on-the-go mind challenges)
the Kindle edition of Waterwight
Because it's SO new, I don't have the link yet, but I'll post it on my Facebook page
( https://www.facebook.com/LeadvilleLaurel/ )
as soon as I get it!
I'd really love to be able to pay for our anniversary dinner on Saturday with my OWN money, so help a girl out here, would you please?
1. Haikus can amuse
Discipline your chatterbox
2. That is all. I promised this would be a quickie.