Lords Select Committee
Your views are needed so they can be included in a response that ACRE will submit on behalf of the National Village & Community Halls Network.
The Select Committee for Charities has been set up to consider issues related to sustaining the charity sector, and the challenges of charity governance, and is now calling for written submissions from interested parties.
The focus of the Committee's inquiry will include:
- the main pressures currently faced by charities, and the impact these pressures have
- the skills required to lead and manage a charity
- the role trustees should play in the performance and effectiveness of a charity
- the role of national and local Government with the charitable sector
- the role of the Charity Commission
- charities' accountability to their beneficiaries, their donors, and the general public
- the effective delivery of services
- the current challenges to the financial sustainability of charities
- innovation, particularly in the digital arena.
Written evidence must be received by 5 September 2016. More information can be found here
Please let us know what you think as soon as possible!