Cliff Falls in Kanaka Creek Regional Park
Cliff Falls in Kanaka Creek Regional Park, Maple Ridge, is a great place for a weekend outing with the family. On sunny and rainy days alike, Kanaka Creek is a peaceful area filled with easy walking trails.
The full guide for the Cliff Falls hike can be read here.
Kanaka Creek runs through a beautiful forest of Sitka spruce, Douglas fir, and moss-covered maple and Western red cedar trees. The Cliff Falls waterfall is the main attraction to the park.
(Mostly) Local Outdoor News
1. Searchers find bodies of five hikers who fell 500 m. @National Post
2. Fateful decision may have saved hiker who lost 5 friends. @CTV
3. Spring conditions deceptive, Avalanche Canada warns. @CBC
4. Young man swept over waterfall in Golden Ears Park. @CTV
5. Busier than ever. Squamish SAR responded to 86 calls in 2016. @Chief
6. Advocates doubtful of Liberals support for B.C. Parks. @CBC
7. Grouse Mountain to get new regional park. @CBC
8. Iconic Vancouver outdoor store closing after 70 years in business. @CBC
9. Sleep-deprived Canadian ultra-marathoner recalls 'critical error' in fog at Barkley Marathons. @CBC
10. 'Out-of-bounds' Vs. 'Backcountry'. @NS SAR
11. Orcas In Howe Sound, B.C. Put On Amazing Show For Boaters. @Huff Post
Current Gear Deals
There are a couple of nice deals going this week:
- Coleman Canada:
- Cabela's Canada:
- Columbia Sportswear Canada
Until next month!