Hiking to Watersprite Lake in Squamish
Watersprite Lake in Squamish is a crystal clear, turquoise lake framed by dramatic peaks. It is one of the most awe-inspiring hikes around.
Watersprite Lake was a hidden gem for years. Unknown to most and tucked away down a long, bumpy forest service road. But the word is out and it’s ‘hidden gem’ status has changed.
A new trail to Watersprite Lake has been built by the B.C. Mountaineering Club. The entire trail up to the lake is full of amazing views. Gorgeous mountains, valleys, and creeks – all along a well-marked and easy to follow route. The new trail offers better scenery, less mud, and bypasses an ecologically sensitive bog.
The only drawback to this hike is that it requires a 4×4 or AWD vehicle with good clearance to reach the trailhead.
See the full details about the Watersprite Lake Trail here.
(Mostly) Local Outdoor News
1. Hiking the Incredible Sunshine Coast Trail. @Explore
2. Search & Rescue call volume up province wide. @Oplopanax
3. Metro Vancouver to replace Twin Bridge by end of year. @NS News
4. Conservation officers set trap for cougar that sniffed a dog at Coquitlam park. @Van Sun
5. Conservation officer fights off and kills cougar after it tries to enter B.C. home through window. @Ntl Post
6. Hundreds of bald eagles flock to South Delta. @Global
7. Most Instagrammed Hikes in Vancouver. @Happiest Outdoor
8. Video: Orcas appear in Vancouver's harbour. @Straight
9. 7 trail running routes to try around Vancouver. @Daily Hive
Current Gear Deals
There are a few good deals going this week:
- Backroad Map Books Flash Sale - Feb 28 only.
- Get Free Shipping on all GPS Maps ($10.00 value) with Coupon: BRMBFREESHIP
- Spend $50, get FREE SHIPPING on all printed products including Mapbooks, Waterproof Maps and Topos
- Columbia Sportswear Canada - Ends Mar 1.
- Select Styles are up to 50% Off for men, women, and kids while supplies last.
Until next month!