Symposium theme and Programme
Best Practices in River Basin Management- building sustainable partnerships
The Program will include:
On March 2 and March 4 Field Trips and Special Conference Working Groups and Side Meetings will take place.
- Key Note Presentation - Rivers in Europe; Partnerships for Rivers- An opening State of Rivers in Europe Presentation
- Special Session - Lessons in partnership building – The Danube and Rhine (ICPDR, ICPR)
- Parallel Workshops on the theme of advancing partnerships in river management.
- Navigation/Tourism/Flood Protection and Nature Protection
- Hydropower and River Management
- Water Utilities and Water Quality and River Management
- Presentation and discussion - Building Partnerships for Water and Sustainable Development -- A keynote presentation and response sectoral representatives.
- European Riverprize - Finalist presentations
- Wrap up Plenary Lessons from the Parallel Session on Strengthening Partnership for Rivers and Initiatives to be Taken
River managers and planners from river basin authorities, government and non-government organisations, utility representatives, corporate sector representatives from hydropower, agriculture, water, and navigation and tourism, consultants, river restoration practitioners. research and University and young water professionals.
The conference would focus on building positive energy and enthusiasm for the continued efforts to improve river and water management in Europe and to strengthen the partnerships that have developed to achieve this goal.
Read more about the European River Symposium 2016
Register for this event here