URGENT UPDATE COVID-19 Virus… as of MARCH 19th.
Good day NBNAZ Church. As we mentioned last week, our church’s leadership would be monitoring what is happening with the COVID-19 to determine what best steps we can take as a faith community going forward, while bearing the responsibility to love the most vulnerable of our neighbors by following the guidelines of our health officials to help minimize the risk of spreading this virus.
Per the executive order of Governor Abbott prohibiting all social gatherings of 10 or more, and the recommendation of our South Texas District to abide by this order for at least 15 days (or beyond depending on the decisions of our state and local officials recommendations) we will be cancelling all In-Person church services and life group meetings through Sunday, April 5th. We will, however, offer online options. We will continue to keep you updated on this via email, facebook and our website as the situation continues to develop.
As I mentioned last week…a church is not limited to a building or even a big in-person gathering. But a lot of our methods in the past have involved the usage of an in-person gathering and a beautiful meeting space. Though these places of comfort for worship services, life groups and fellowship gatherings have been removed as an option for us for an undetermined amount of time….the gospel doesn’t change…the ministry of Jesus doesn’t change. However, some of the methods by which we carry out the gospel of Jesus’ ministry will be adapting and changing for a time.
I’m thankful for the creativity of our staff and leadership team that have been working hard to develop some new digital methods for us to implement in these weeks ahead, that I hope and pray will be an encouragement and comfort to you.
Here is what to expect through NBNaz these next couple of weeks:
• Online Services: As we did this past Sunday, we will hold a live stream service and prayer time online Sundays, March 22 through at least April 5 at 10:45am. It will be LIVE STREAMED online at https://www.facebook.com/newbraunfelsnazarene. Last week’s video had over 500 views! If you are unable to watch the service at 10:45 on facebook, you’ll be able to access the service video on our website at www.nbnaz.org/sermons
• Prayer: We believe in the power of prayer at NBNAZ, and we want to pray for you. If you have a prayer request this week, we have a team of people committed to praying for you. Please submit any prayer requests to us at www.nbnaz.church/pray
• Online Life Groups & Youth Group: We have a strong desire to see the continuation of some if not all of our Life Groups & Youth Group on a digital format. We hope to offer some if not all of our Online Life Groups via secure video-conferencing meeting beginning the week of March 29. We will be working to determine which Life Groups will be continued during this time within the online format
• Children’s Ministries: With Children’s Church and activities not happening through April 5th, we are working to compile a weekly resource for parents to use to equip your children with during this unique time. We are working to have a weekly resource available to you utilize at your own convenience, beginning the week of March 29th. Be on the lookout for these resources to come via email.
• Giving Options: Giving to the ministry of the church is so very crucial to the church in times like these, to support both the ongoing and future ministry of the church. We thank you for your continued generosity to Jesus’ ministry being lived out in this congregation. You can give in one of three ways:
1. Online at www.nbnaz.org/give
2. Text-to-Give. Text any dollar amount to “84321”
3. Mail your check to NBNAZ at 210 W. Klein New Braunfels, TX 78130
• Online Bulletin: We will begin to send out weekly updates via email to keep you informed on the latest happenings within the church.
These are unprecedented times. Everyday things are changing around us, and it’s discomforting. Now more than ever, people need to experience the love of Jesus Christ that he calls for us to reflect to the world. Call each other, encourage one another via email and text, check on your neighbor or friend to see if they need anything, or maybe offer to pray for people who are discouraged like never before. You can make a difference for the Kingdom in these strange times that we are in, when it’s rooted in love.
When so much around us has been stripped away, and we feel disoriented for what the next steps are…remember the hallmark teaching of Jesus on how we are to move forward as a person of faith:
“The most important commandment is this: …The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.’” (Mark 12:29-31)
Find comfort in His Love!