Activities & Events
Live & Local
- March 7 - Girls Geek Day @ Baker-Butler Elementary School (9am to noon). This event is open to all ages, but if you are a 3rd grader or younger, please plan on bringing one of your parents too. Registration required.
- March 11 - Make It @ the Library at 4:30pm. Kickstart your creativity in this Pop-up MakerSpace that meets on the second Wednesday of the month. March features Architecture Challenge - Legos & More. Grades 6-12. This is a drop in event - more info.
- March 13-15 - Virginia Scholastic & Collegiate Chess Championship. Monticello High School. More info.
- March 19 (deadline) - Applications due for the Genius Hour Innovators at TomTom Founders Festival. More info.
- March 29 - Middle School Girls in Engineering Science Exploration Day at UVAâ€™s engineering school. Registration is first-come, first-serve.
- April 6-10 - Spring Break Academies @ PVCC offering lots of tech-related courses. More info.
- April 8 - Make It @ the Library at 4:30pm. Kickstart your creativity in this Pop-up MakerSpace that meets on the second Wednesday of the month. April features T-shirt Decoration. Grades 6-12. This is a drop in event - more info.
- Ongoing - Girl Develop It Central VA. What better way to inspire your daughter, grand-daughter or niece to learn to code than to learn yourself. Girl Develop It Central VA offers beginner classes in Charlottesville and Harrisonburg for adults.
- Ongoing - Tinkersmiths Makerspace hosts a wide range of workshops that are open to a variety of ages and experience levels. Check out their latest meetups.
Virtual & Global
- July 6 - 10, 13 - 17 & 20 - 24 - Tech Camp @ STAB. This brand new tech camp experience led by Kim Wilkens, the founder of Tech-Girls, is open to all! Create electronic cards, light up your clothes, make an app, design a game, code a song, mod Minecraft - the possibilities truly are endless at Tech Camp @ STAB. Weekly camps are available for rising 2nd thru 12th graders and run from 9am to 4pm. Space is limited so register soon (scholarships are available).
- June 15 - August 14 - KidsCollege@PVCC offers a wide variety of week-long project-based STEM and Arts-based classes all summer long. Rising 3rd thru 9th graders. Registration info.
- March 30 (deadline extended) - National STEM Video Game Challenge. A game design competition for middle & high school students. More info.
- April 3 (deadline) - K-12 JMU Physics Video Contest. Put some STEAM into your science curriculum by giving your students the opportunity to explore and demonstrate their understanding of physics concepts through video. Submission guidelines
- Ongoing - Made with Code for classes & workshops geared toward girls.