PALESTINIAN growers join the global movement to put farmers, gardeners, distributors, and consumers at the heart of their own food system - this is food sovereignty.
This is the goal of CSA Palestine - Canaan Farm in Jalame.
Palestinian cooks tell us that traditionally - up till about 30 years ago - "you could tell the season in Palestine by the fruits and vegetables in the market. Baladi (from balad, meaning country), we called it. Growers and consumers knew each other."
Baladi is back! CSA Palestine - Canaan Farm does this in several ways:
- CSA members receive farm-to-home delivery
- Young workers on the Canaan Farm learn more about proven traditional farming methods
- Workers are trained in up-to-date methods for sustainable, regenerative, organic farming and gardening
Now it is Back-To-School time on the Farm. New crops are planted, while farm workers hone traditional skills and learn new ones.
Even with the enthusiastic reception that CSA Palestine receives, it is still in start-up mode and needs help and encouragement from friends. That is why The Land of Canaan Foundation is supporting CSA Palestine - Canaan Farm. Your gift this fall will provide:
- Quality tools and equipment
- Heirloom seeds for sowing gardens and fields or intercropping
- Women and men farmers receive instruction in how to set up distribution and sales of the food they produce
HELP BRING BALADI BACK TO PALESTINE