“As the last curtain falls on a spent year, a new year pirouettes to center stage with the elegance and charm of a prima ballerina –
and delivers the promise of peace, hope, love & joy."
~ Peggy Toney Horton
"Alone we can do so little;
together we can do so much."
~ Helen Keller
We are so grateful for our loyal customers!
Many thanks for another wonderful year of books and conversations.
With best wishes for a happy 2018 to you and your family...
we look forward to seeing you soon.
in the store
20% - 90% OFF!
Friday January 12th through
Monday January 15th
Books ~ Jewellery ~ Greeting Cards ~ Art ~ Journals ~ Games ~ Gifts ~ Puzzles
Valentine's Day cards are here!
If you send cards to the UK you'll be happy to know that Mother's Day cards are available .
Lots of new books arriving daily for 2018 reading ~ something for all ages and inclinations!
"You may have tangible wealth untold; caskets of jewels and coffers of gold. Richer than I you can never be.
I had a mother who read to me."
~ Gillian Strickland
“There is creative reading as well as creative writing.'
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
“In a good bookroom you feel in some mysterious way that you are absorbing the wisdom contained in all the books through your skin, without even opening them."
~ Mark Twain
Browse our beautiful selection of Ayala Bar jewellery from her
If you want something we don't have in stock we are very happy to special order books, jewellery, games, puzzles & art for you.
604-980-9032 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Be An Explorer Of The World
1. Always Be LOOKING (notice the ground beneath your feet.)
2. Consider Everything Alive & Animate
3. EVERYTHING Is Interesting. Look Closer.
4. Alter Your Course Often
5. Observe For Long Durations (and short ones)
6. Notice The Stories Going On Around You
7. Notice PATTERNS. Make CONNECTIONS.
8. DOCUMENT Your Findings (field notes) In a Variety Of Ways
9. Incorporate Indeterminacy
10. Observe Movement
11. Create a Personal DIALOGUE With Your Environment. Talk to it.
12. Trace Things Back to Their ORIGINS
13. Use ALL of the Senses In Your Investigations
~ Keri Smith, author ~