View this email in your browser

What essential workers need to know when making their own arrangements

What essential workers need to know when making their own arrangements:

Essential workers will need to use their existing networks for in-home care, for example a neighbour, relative, friend or current carer/nanny who can come to their house, or provide childcare in their own home. There are Public Health rules that must be observed:

  • The person caring for your child becomes part of your self-isolating group

  • This group must remain the same for the whole period

  • The carer must not care for children from other households (other than their own) over the same period

  • If a child or carer becomes unwell, they must stay at home


If essential workers do not have access to childcare through their own networks:

If essential workers are unable to access childcare to perform their essential service, the government will fund other licensed childcare providers (for example through PORSE, Barnados and Edubase / Home Grown Kids) to provide in-home care to the children aged 0-14 of essential workers. The carer would be subject to the same Public Health rules as set out above.


For the purposes of providing care to children of essential workers, the in-home carer will be classified as an essential worker in both cases.


Initial list of contact details for providers

Copyright © 2020 Upper Harbour Primary School, All rights reserved.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.