Less than a month to go!
#Floatfest15 - Paddles to the Ready...
The countdown to #Floatfest15 is on and there is so much happening!
We are excited to be in Rundle Mall this weekend, Friday 10th & Sat 11th April. There is a lot planned for this event, including your chance to Register and get an entry in for our MAJOR PRIZE!), fun for the kids, giveaways, Ray's Outdoors Stand and more! We'd love it if you would drop down and say hi. Here's a snapshot of what we have planned....
- You can REGISTER for Floatfest while visiting us in Rundle Mall. Registration desk will be by the big screen near the Myer Centre. You don't want to miss out on your chance to get an entry in to WIN our Major Prize!
- We will be drawing the winner of the Kayak that Cosi (South Aussie with Cosi) used during Floatfest in 2014, A Camero Watersports Kayak manufactured locally here in SA. (Camero also offer hire services so why consider hiring one for #Floatfest15). So if you registered for Earlybird Rates, this could be your defining moment. The winner will be drawn 2pm on Friday 10th at the registrations tent.
- Foodbank SA are joining us as well as our charity of choice for #Floatfest15, they serve the whole of community SA. They will be giving out various vouchers and goodies including something for the Port Supporters!
- Rays Outdoors Enfield will be having their own stall with a timed pop up tent comp, with one to give away each day, a kids coloring competition, some giveaways like caps and drink bottles, and possibly some surprises!
- We will be having an information tent with brochures and information on the Murray River, Lakes and Coorong region. We love camping in the Coorong, have you done it yet?
- Adelaide's Haunted Horizons will be bringing their van into the mall so come check out the spooky fun to be had. Have you ever booked an Old Tailem Town Ghost Tour? Why not do that on the Saturday night of Floatfest!
- A business card drop competition to WIN two nights accommodation for Two adults + 2 children at the Mannum Motel - valued at $320.
- Giant chess set and other things for the kids (and big kids!).
MAJOR PRIZE - Win a 3 Night Discovery Cruise valued at $2,524.00.
Just by simply registering for #Floatfest15, you will be entered into the draw to win this amazing, once in a lifetime, cruise. Prize will be drawn Sunday 3rd May, 2015 at the Bank SA Marquee at Mary-Ann Reserve, Mannum. TO REGISTER, click here.
You will be able to REGISTER at Floatfest on the 2nd and 3rd of May in the Bank SA Marquee. If you have already registered prior to the event, please report to the Registration Desk to finalise your registration. Registration desk will be available both days.
Thanks to the Hurley Group (The Pretoria Hotel), Floatfest has been in the media! You can listen to the radio clip on our website, at the bottom of the page! http://floatfest.com.au/about-us/
FLOATFEST IN THE MEDIA
#Floatfest is proud to have Foodbank SA on board this year. Foodbank's fundamental belief is that no one should go hungry. As the largest hunger relief organisation in South Australia, Foodbank distributes food to help 60,000 South Australians every month - with one third of them being children - via a network of 450 community organisations and 270 schools running school breakfast programs.
It is an unfortunate fact that the demand for Foodbank services is rising, with more than 8,000 people being turned away by community organisations every month.
We know that going hungry in Australia is unacceptable and we will drive our efforts to gather support from South Australians to fight hunger in our state.
At Rundle Mall, volunteers will be waving the flag to raise awareness about hunger in our community and gathering support of those who will join the fight against hunger in South Australia. You can also find out how you can help, at Floatfest.
OTHER FLOATFEST NEWS
We are excited to have Jester Cruises lead our Paddle Fleet from Mary-Ann Reserve to Mannum Waters for the big event, whilst having a Smoking Ceremony onboard. Jester Cruises offer a range of Cruise options, make sure you visit their website for full information. http://www.jestercruises.com.au/index.htm
If you aren't connected with us on our Facebook page make sure you CLICK HERE as we have a number of exciting things planned for our Facebook fans!
We've also got some FREE WORKSHOPS booked in for you and your family on Saturday 2nd at Mannum Waters Reserve, sponsored by the Mid-Murray Council. DOWNLOAD THE FLYER here.
The Pretoria Hotel will have LIVE MUSIC on the saturday night, another reason to MAKE A WEEKEND of Floatfest and Stay and Play!.
PS Marion Steamer will be doing cruises up and down the river., Its a great chance to experience the river and also to experience being a Captain. The Mannum Dock Museum has actual steering and rudder for you to try manoevering the boat through a River Trail.
AND make sure you REGISTER!!!!
The Floatfest Team.