NOTICE TO ALL CVRP MEMBERS:
2014 CVRP AGM - December 3rd 12 Noon EST via Adobe Connect Webinar
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
This is the Call for Nominations for 1 New Director vacancy to be included in the Slate of Nominations for Directors and Officers [Bylaw No. 1 s.10, ss15 ] for the Term from December 3, 2014 to the date of the 2016 AGM [Bylaw No. 1 s. 40].
All nominations must be received by hard copy November 15th, 2014. Electronic copies can be submitted as long as the hard copy is received as noted below.
The Nomination and Election Procedures is as follows:
- No later than 30 days before the date set for the next AGM at which there shall be an election of Directors, the Chair of the Nominating Committee shall send a nominee solicitation letter to all Members in good standing. The letter shall state the eligibility criteria for Board positions, the number of positions to be elected, and indicate the date for the return of names of nominees to the Chair.
- A Member may nominate more than one person, but each nomination shall be accompanied by a seconder to the nomination. The proposer, nominee and the seconding Member shall all be Members in good standing.
- Each nomination form shall include the signature of the proposer and the seconder of the nomination as well as the written consent of the nominee.
- A Nominee shall provide information on relevant experience a statement not to exceed 100 words supporting suitability for board membership and a statement that all information is correct.
- The nominee shall also complete and submit a Candidate Information Sheet as may be approved by the board from time to time upon the recommendation of the Nominating Committee or otherwise as the case may be.
- The Nominating Committee may solicit nominations directly. In the case of nominations by the Committee the Committee shall be the proposer and no seconder need be named.
- The Nominating Committee shall confirm eligibility of all nominees.
- If it is determined that a nominee is ineligible, the Chair shall send a letter to the nominee with an explanation. The nominee shall have 14 days from date of receipt of the letter in which to appeal this decision.
- The President shall make a final determination within 14 days of receipt of the letter of appeal.
- The report of the Nominating Committee shall include all candidate information forms and be submitted to the Board no later than 15 days prior to the date on which the Notice of Annual General Meeting is to be sent, which date shall be no less than 10 days before such meeting.