|Dear <<First Name>>,
While we are still enjoying these gorgeous days we are also starting to prepare for the Holidays and the shorter and colder Winter days.
As for a quick market update:
Existing home sales have rebounded strongly in September, propelled by sales from first time buyers, reaching a 34% share, which is a high not seen in over 4 years, according to the National Association of Realtors.
Lawrence Yun, NAR Chief Economist, comments that the 2 month slump toward the end of summer, has been due mainly to families with kids in school that had given up their search because of the start of the new school year.They were not ready to make a move which also could have involved changing schools.
This has given first time buyers a better chance to successfully find what they want, with less competition from established families.
There has been an increase in the median home price of 5.6% over September 2015, marking the 55th consecutive month of year-over-year gain. Total housing inventory rose 1.5% by the end of September, still lower than one year ago. Overall inventory has been extremely tight the whole year and it seems unlikely to change any time soon.
Let us know if you need any help in Real Estate or if we can even just answer a question for you or your friends.
Anne & Jessica Cucchi
710 Kipling St, Ste 110
Lakewood, CO 80215
303-202-2282 & 303-884-6545
As always, we appreciate your referrals!
Metro Denver Events
1) Slow Food Farmers Market...August 14-November 20, 2016 from 10am - 2pm at The Source: 3350 Brighton Blvd, Denver, 80216. FREE. http://www.thesourcedenver.com/#events
2) A Very Adventurous Halloween...
Colorado Adventure Point, 10455 W 6th Ave, Suite 150, Denver. FREE to enter. October 26-29, 2016. 6pm-10pm. http://www.coloradoadventurepoint.org/
3) Haunted Harvest 2016....
Community College of Denver-Auraria Campus, 9th St Park, Denver. FREE October 27, 2016 from 3pm-6pm. https://www.ccd.edu/event/haunted-harvest
4) Lakewood Fall Fun Fest....
Lakewood FunFest at NE corner of Alameda & Kipling. October 31, 2016 from 4pm-8pm. FREE. http://www.lakewoodfunfest.com/
5) Maize in the City...
October 25-October 29, 2016. $1-$12. 10270 Riverdale Rd, Thornton, CO. For hours & more information go to: http://www.maizeinthecity.com/
ARE YOU READY?
It’s that time of year again, and Fall & Winter are just around the corner. Are you ready?
Some things to think about in getting ready for Winter. It’s easier to do these things now, before the snow is flying.
A-1 Quality Home Inspections, Inc.
- Check your furnace (or have it serviced by a qualified HVAC technician).
- Turn the thermostat up to 80 and check to make sure the furnace fires and is running.
- Change the filter if necessary.
- Lubricate the blower fan.
- Check your smoke and CO detectors to confirm they are working!!!!
- Check your AC condensing unit.
- Clean the leaves and debris from the fins with a high pressure water hose.
- Cover the unit to protect it from snow and ice.
- Check your chimney and fireplace.
- If you use your fireplace, be sure there are no bird or squirrel nests in the chimney.
- Verify that the chimney cap is in place and didn’t blow off during a summer storm.
- Remove and drain your hoses.
- Turn off the water to the hose bibs and drain. Or install the foam covers over the hose bibs.
- Drain the hose(s) and remove from the hose bib.
- Drain the sprinkler system.
- Turn off the water supply to the system.
- Open all the zone valves and blow out the lines
- Open the valves and drain the water from the vacuum breaker.
- Remove the debris from the roof and the gutters.
- Debris laying in the valley(s) can trap moisture and accelerate the deterioration of the shingles.
- Debris in the gutters can prevent them from draining properly.
- Storm windows.
- If you have storm windows, now is the time to install them.
- Check the weather stripping on doors and windows.
- Repair or replace damaged weather stripping and seal any leaks.
- Check and repair / replace caulking around windows and doors.
Phone: 303.981.1914 / 303.981.6699