Happy 4th of July Everyone!
On behalf of the entire Ashland
Main Street Association, we hope you have a wonderful holiday surrounded by family and friends. We encourage you to visit The Center
and the Ashland Library
for a patriotic experience you will never forget!
Here is a suggested itinerary for Friday - July 4th!:
1) Get into the spirit of the holidays and make an apple pie. Drop this off at the Hanover Arts & Activities Center (500 S. Center St.) between 9-10:30am. COTU pies are always wonderful to see & smell! Say thank you to Paige Christy who organized all the fun activities for the 4th!
2) Visit the Ashland Museum (105 Hanover Ave. Look for the Red Caboose). The Museum will be open on the 4th from 9am-12pm. Before the parade have family or friends stop by. Ask about their cool kids camp about Civil War Spies which will be held on July 26
3) Head across the tracks to the Ashland Library (201 S. Railroad Ave) and check out all the great books for sale. The Friends of the Library do GREAT THINGS for our community and all proceeds benefit their mission. Sale goes from 9am-2pm.
4) At 11am The Parade begins - get ready to smile and wave at the trains going by too! The route starts at Henry Clay Elementary and ends at The Center. Bring some chairs or take a blanket. It's so much fun to see what our community has to offer - the Lawn Chair Brigade is a HOOT!
5) 11:45am... If you have a pet - decorate it! You can enter them in the Patriotic Pet Contest. Meet 'on corner of the lawn' and look for red white and blue canines and others...YES...there have been hamsters in the contest.
6) NOON...Kick back on a blanket or bring a chair and enjoy listening to the Hanover Concert Band! It's a tradition for all to enjoy. The pie and pet contest winners will be announced.
7) Later...visit some of our fun shops in town...OR....go back by the Library. You and your family can stock up for great summer reads. The sale stays open til 2pm. Later...enjoy the Library Plaza benches or set up a blanket somewhere green along the tracks and read, relax and enjoy the Center of the Universe.
The Ashland Visitor's Center/Amtrak Station is always a great place for a photo op! We LOVE the sign there. Send us your patriotic photos at email@example.com.
Fireworks - you will need to travel for the big displays. Sparklers are always fun in your own backyard.
Be safe and enjoy your time in Downtown, Ashland! We would love to hear and see what you did to celebrate your 4th. Visit us on the web www.mainstreetashland.org and on Facebook!