Dear Valued Patients,
At West End Physiotherapy and Performance Podiatry, we are focused on providing high quality treatment and that includes ensuring the health and safety of our patients, and our team members.
We are monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic closely and are listening to the questions and concerns we receive from our patients.
We will continue to uphold our strict hygiene practices that we adhere to on a daily basis, and have implemented additional precautionary measures:
Home Visits for Podiatry Patients
- Disinfecting all surfaces (beds, door handles, etc.) between patients.
- Thoroughly disinfecting all benches and common areas regularly throughout the day.
- When you arrive at our practice you will be able to sanitise your hands.
- We’ve removed all magazines and children’s toys from the waiting room.
- Some chairs have been removed from the waiting room to assist with social distancing.
- Chairs are available to wait outside if you prefer.
- Staff will avoid hand shaking and any other close contact which is not necessary.
For our regular podiatry patients who are now self-isolating but not in quarantine, please call the clinic if you would like to arrange for one of our podiatrists to provide a home visit. We want to take care of our elderly and at-risk patients, many of whom have been patients of the practice for many years. Our podiatrists are happy to provide you with a home visit service to maintain your foot health.
Telehealth for Physiotherapy and some Podiatry Patients
If you are unable to attend in person, but are seeking an assessment or review of exercises we are exploring options in regards to video-conference/Skype calls to anybody who would prefer to self-distance themselves from others.
Although this is a new and evolving format, that limits the ability for any “hands-on” treatment, we can still:
- Gain a very comprehensive assessment about the history of your problem and review progress of symptoms and exercises.
- Still direct you to perform most movements we need to adequately perform a physical assessment.
- Provide advice in regards to correct new exercises to be completing, and then advice in regard to self-management such as self-massage/foam rollers/spikey balls etc.
- Any prescribed exercises can then be provided with video and written explanations of how to perform them correctly.
Most importantly we want to keep our local community safe - if our team members feel unwell, they have been asked to remain at home.
We encourage that if you have any symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) and/or have recently traveled overseas in the last 14 days, to reschedule your appointment with us for another time.
We are committed to keeping you safe and continue to operate. Please do not hesitate to call the practice on (07) 3846 4800 and speak with our staff if you have any questions or would like to reschedule your appointment.
West End Physiotherapy & Performance Podiatry