Te iwi tahi tatou - We are one family.
Tēnā koutou, Konnichiwa, As-salāmu 'alaykum, Hola,
12 December 2022
Dear Parents & Whānau,
It's hard to believe we have arrived at the last week of 2022!
And what an amazing last couple of weeks we've had. All our students thoroughly enjoyed our EOTC (Education Outside the Classroom) Week, and the stories I've heard about students trying new things, having new experiences, and learning new skills, are a tribute to the value of this programme. A huge thank you to everyone involved in organising, supervising, and supporting this - we'll send out more (including lots of great photos!) at the end of the week.
I'd like to draw your attention to events on this week as we wrap up the year, farewell our wonderful Year 8 students and get ready to sign off for what looks to be a very promising summer (given the weather today!).
We'd like to extend a warm invitation to all whānau to attend our prizegiving on Wednesday. It's fantastic to be able to celebrate achievements in all areas - from sports, to cultural activities, to academic results. We're so proud of our students and the way they embrace our school values to Challenge, Engage, Inquire, and Inspire during their time with us at SWIS.
- Tuesday 13 Dec - Leavers' Dinner at Grand Century (84 Tory St), 6-8.30pm.
- Wednesday 14 Dec - SWIS Prizegiving at the school hall, 6-8pm
- Thursday 15 Dec - students receive their Yearbook, School finishes for the year at 1pm
If your child is receiving an award, you will have received a heads up from us already, and we'd especially love you to be there to see them receive it.
Finally, I'd like to say a fond farewell to Ally, Cecily and Paul, and take this opportunity to personally thank these wonderful teachers for their service to our school, and for the important part they have played in growing our tamariki. We are are lucky to have benefited from your knowledge and experience, and we wish you all well for the future.
Have a great week,
Don't forget to check out the school's Facebook Page which has the latest updates about what is going on at school.
- Tuesday 13 Dec - Leavers' Dinner at Grand Century, 6-8.30pm
- Wednesday 14 Dec - SWIS Prizegiving, 6pm in the school hall
- Thursday 15 Dec - School ends for 2022 at 1pm
Term dates for 2023
- 31 Jan - Year 7 & New Year 8 Interviews
- 1 Feb - Returning Year 8 Students ONLY
- Term 1: 2 Feb - 6 April
- Term 2: 24 April - 30 June
- Term 3: 17 July - 22 Sep
- Term 4: 9 Oct - 15 Dec