How are you celebrating the storming of the Bastille? The French national holiday calls for something French. So, if you can’t actually go to France for the parade on the Champs-Elysée or attend the dances and festivities traditionally held at fire stations across the country, you can pick up a book from Le French Book and be transported to France.
We’ve put together a reading list for Bastille Day, with some deep discounts on these books set in France (mostly, at least), by French authors, chosen and translated for you.
We are offering excursions for all types of readers:
- PARIS ART: The Collector by Anne-Laure Thièblemont
- PARIS SUSPENSE: The Paris Lawyer by Sylvie Granotier
- DARKNESS IN THE CITY OF LIGHT: The 7th Woman by Frédérique Molay
- FRENCH SPIES NOT FRENCH FRIES: The Rare Earth Exchange by Bernard Besson
- FRENCH COUNTRYSIDE AND GOURMET ATTITUDE: The Winemaker Detective: An Omnibus, and a few other titles in the series by Jean-Pierre Alaux and Noël Balen
- EUROPEAN ACTION AND ADVENTURE: The Consortium Thrillers by David Khara and Shadow Ritual by Eric Giacometti and Jacques Ravenne
- AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FRENCH FLAVOR: White Leopard by Laurent Guillaume