Hell Week - July 12 - 16
The theme for this Hell Week is the original Mario! The club will be divided into four teams - Team Bowzer, Team Donkey Kong, Team Peach and Team Mario. We will take effort, attendance, and spirit into consideration to pick the winning team for Hell Week!
Regular swim practice times on every day except afternoon/evening practices on Wednesday, July 14th.
Attending hell week events is optional but it’s a great time for team building and ramping up that training. We hope that your swimmers can join us for as many events as they can : )
Monday, July 12
Tuesday, July 13
- Event: Splash and Dash
- Groups: Junior Splash, Intermediate and Seniors
- Time: regular evening practice times
- Location: Panorama pool and trail
- Volunteers: Minimum of 6 from each group for lap counting, run marshalling and Freezie hand out. Sign up HERE
- Equipment: participants will need swim gear, running shoes, water bottle and something to put on over their suits if they don’t want to run in them.
- Details: Seniors; 1500 M swim + 3 k run, Intermediates 1000M swim + 2 km run, Juniors: 750M swim + 1 km run
- Event: Mt. Work hike
- Groups: everyone welcome, including parents/guardians. Mini, Big Fish, and Junior Splash swimmers must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Time: 9:00 am at Mt Work parking lot. Finish at approximately 11:00 am (but that depends on the kids!)
- Location: Mt.Work. Meet in the parking lot off of Ross/Durrance Rd.
- Volunteers: parents/guardians must accompany swimmers in Minis, Big Fish & Junior Splash groups
- Equipment: proper close-toed shoes, backpack with water bottle and a snack.
- Details: a fun and challenging group hike! The hike to the summit of Mt. Work and back is about 5.5 km with a 314 m elevation gain.
Wednesday, July 14
Thursday, July 15
- Event: Thetis Lake run and open-water swim with the Oak Bay Orcas. No afternoon/evening practices at Panorama.
- Groups: everyone welcomeTime: 5:00 pm
- Location: Thetis Lake Regional Park
- Volunteers: All hands on deck!!! We need a lot of parent volunteers to marshall the run and be on the water for the swim. We also need SUPs or kayaks for lifeguards. Please let us know how you can help HERE.
- Equipment: Running shoes, running clothes, swim suit (wear your suit under your running gear), goggles, bright swim cap for swimmers doing open-water, water bottle.
- Details: Trail run around Thetis followed by an open water swim for older swimmers & lake time for our younger Piranhas:
- Div 5* and up - 5 km run & 2 laps out and back around the first island.
- Div 4 and 5* - 5 km run & 1 lap out and back around the first island.
- Div. 3 and below - approx 2 km run and swimming in the beach area supervised by junior coaches.. These athletes can not participate in the swim around the islands. Parents are responsible for their own children!
- You can see what Division your swimmer is in HERE.
- * experienced Div 5 swimmers can do two laps - please consult with Coach Fynn if you are unsure or have questions.
Friday, July 16
- Event: Bootcamp and Water Fight
- Groups: Everyone welcome
- Time: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- Location: Centennial Park (meet at playground)
- Volunteers: none required
- Equipment: running shoes, active wear, water bottle, snack, sunscreen/hat. Maybe a towel or change of clothes depending on how crazy this water fight gets! Feel free to bring your own water guns/balloons etc.
- Details: Boot camp style workout for all groups followed by a little bit of fun
- Event: Time Trial followed by a tie-dye and pizza party.
- Groups: Time Trial - Junior Splash, Intermediate, Senior. Dinner & tie-dye party - everyone (parents/guardians too!)
- Time: 4:00 - 6:00 Time Trial, 6:15 on for dinner and tie-dye
- Location: Panorama (maybe KELSET field for tie-dye dinner - tbd)
- Volunteers: A few parents/guardians to help with tie-dye and food distribution.
- Equipment: Regular swim gear for time trial, water bottle, white shirt for tie-dye. Camping chairs for dinner time.
- Details: Our regular Friday night time trial followed by a fun wrap up with our traditional tie-dye party, bring your own white shirt to tie dye, the club will not be supplying (we like to wear our tie-dye to Salt Spring!) and pizza. Sign up to follow.