2015 HNBA/PRUDENTIAL 1L SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
DEADLINE: 5:00 pm EST, April 1st
The Hispanic National Bar Association is pleased to partner with Prudential Financial, Inc. to provide a meaningful summer internship opportunity for a highly-motivated first-year law student. Through this partnership, Hispanic National Bar Association will select up to two students to join the 2015 summer law intern class at Prudential for a 10-week internship at Prudential’s New Jersey/New York offices.
Prudential and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers and are committed to diversity in our workforce.
The summer internship will provide interns with the opportunity to work with attorneys who support the broad reach of Prudential’s businesses. Other features of the summer internship program include:
The 1L summer internship will run 10 weeks from May 26, 2015 to August 7, 2015. Interns will be paid a stipend of approximately $10,000, which shall accrue and be paid on an hourly basis.
- Paid attendance at the 1L LCLD Scholars Summit in Dallas on May 28-30
- Participation in training programs presented by Prudential attorneys highlighting different areas of the business and the legal department
- Pairing with an attorney who will serve as a manager during the program and will provide guidance on projects
- Pairing with a mentor who will serve as an additional advisor on resume review, interviewing, skill development, networking and other individual needs
- Practice interviews and presentations and shadow attorneys on various projects
- Opportunities to interview with selected local firms for potential 2L internships
The ideal applicant will have financial or business-related experience or interest. Interns not local to New Jersey/New York will be responsible for their own housing and transportation to and from Prudential’s offices. Some internships may be in offices not readily accessible by mass transportation.
- Be members of Hispanic National Bar Association,
- Be enrolled at an ABA-accredited law school and have successfully completed the first year of law school with a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent),
- Be scheduled for graduation in spring 2017 (full-time students) or spring 2018 (part-time students).
How to Apply
To apply, you must submit a cover letter, resume, a list of three references, and a copy of your transcript to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write “Prudential Internship” in the subject line of all correspondence. All materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. EST on April 1, 2015. Finalists shall be selected and notified on or before April 15, 2015.
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com.