Our staff has increased!
We are so excited to welcome our 2014 Summer Missionaries. We have been praying and anticipating their arrival. (Look for the photo above, middle row-third pic) Introducing:
1. Michelle Prince from Nacogdoches, TX; Tarleton State University, Animal Science
2. Sadye Dudley from Lafayette, LA; Louisiana State University in Eunice, Radiation Tech.
3. Allison Dufour from Valley Center, CA; Stephen F. Austin State University, Child & Family Dev.
4. Brock Langley from Collins, MS; Jones County Jr. College, Spanish
5. Brittany Cox from Hawkins, TX; Texas A & M, Child & Family Studies
6. Alex Tisdale from Ellisville, MS; Jones County Jr. College, General Studies
7. Cody Younger from Jonesville, NC; Graduate from North Greenville University, Christian Studies (third year with AKMR)
8. Mary Katherine Good from Columbus, MS; Mississippi State University, Educational Psychology
9. Megan Anderson from St. Joseph, MO; Southwest Baptist University, Christian Ministry
10. Dawson Shannon from Ruston, LA; Louisiana Tech University, Political Science
11. RJ Osborne from Marquez, TX; Texas Tech University, Graphic Design (second year with AKMR)
12. Earl Wiser from Kingston, NY; Texas A & M, Electrical Engineering (second year with AKMR)
These twelve staffers will be working hard all summer! They will be leading volunteer teams in six different parks around Anchorage, providing free lunches for children ages birth-18 years old, leading Kids' Club, and hosting Block Parties once a week. They will also be working on service projects in our local churches and at Alaska Baptist Family Services.
We are also thrilled to welcome back Jackie Alvarez, from Austin, Texas. She will be working in Soldotna with the Kids' Club at Farnsworth Park, as well as developing intentional relationships with college workers at the various Cooper Landing resorts. We are also excited to have Grant Landry from Lafayette, Louisiana joining us in a year long internship. He will also be working with our expanding ministry on the Kenai Peninsula.
Hard work requires rest and good meals. None of us could do what God has called us to do this summer without a cook team. We are so incredibly thankful for Kathy Miller and Kathy Banks. Both of these ladies are from First Baptist Church of Centre, Alabama. They have willingly given up their entire summer to serve Alaska Missions and Retreats volunteers and staff. Not only are they going above and beyond to work hard and provide delicious meals, but they offer much needed laughter and encouragement as well.
God has many amazing things in store for these missionaries. They each come with their own unique skill set, spiritual gifts and strengths. They have already become a strong team. Be praying for each of them as they are challenged, stretched and encouraged to share Christ in the Last Frontier. We are ready for Summer 2014!