Los Angeles Neighborhood Council Coalition
A Coalition of Councils
General Meeting Agenda
August 2, 2014 10:00 AM
HOLLYWOOD CONSTITUENT CENTER
6501 FOUNTAIN AVE HOLLYWOOD, CA.
- Kevin James, President, Board of Public Works, discussion about Street Services and the issues plaguing the department.
- Amardeep Gill, LAANE, Commercial Waste Franchise Zones: "Don't Waste LA" CF 10-1797
- Mika Kim, The latest update on the Happiness & Wellbeing Index in Los Angeles launched in January 2014. This research & development project initiated by Place of the Future in partnership with the Happiness Alliance, a non-profit, currently seeks the support of the Los Angeles Neighborhood Council Coalition to help promote and publicize the initiative (currently pending support from the Office of LA Mayor Eric Garcetti & Empower LA) to gather approximately 1,000+ residents, business/property owners and stakeholders in LA to take the opt-in survey to measure our overall Quality of Life to achieve a 97% confidence level for the data being collected.
- Serge Haddad, P.E., LADWP Recycled Water, Present on the City’s recycled water program, including the Groundwater Replenishment Project, and their outreach efforts.
- TBA, Deputy City Attorney, Proposed Prohibition Vending of Commercial Items or Services in all City Parks
- Chief Charlie Beck, should he stay or go? A conversation of a vote of no confidence and why not to extend his contract.
- LA Sidewalks, how the NCs can take the lead in the process to create Great Sidewalks, a frank discussion.
What needs to be done? Survey? Who orchestrates? NCs working with the City. What is the plan? Who is responsible for the repair of the sidewalks, especially tree related damage? Residential v commercial? Financing? Private contractors? Replace segments v whole sidewalk? City bureaucracy?
- EmpowerLA- Grayce Lui
- Budget Advocates- Jay Handal
- Board of Neighborhood Commissioners-Lydia Grant
- LADWP REPORT-Jack or Tony
- Congress Report-Cindy Cleghorn, Denyse Selesnick
- Speed Round/ Announcements