Los Angeles Neighborhood Council Coalition
A Coalition of Councils
General Meeting Agenda
September 6, 2014 10:00 AM
HOLLYWOOD CONSTITUENT CENTER
6501 FOUNTAIN AVE HOLLYWOOD, CA.
- Chief Charlie Beck, Los Angeles Police Department- Discussion will include
What is his plan for the next 5 years?
Why did he promote Prop A, the March 2013 ballot measure to increase our sales tax by a half cent when immediately afterwards the City found $375 million in new revenue and pension savings?
What is his plan to reduce the lawsuits plaguing the LAPD. (internal/external)
- Mary Nemick, Director of Communications with the City's Bureau of Engineering- Bureau of Engineering is responsible for the planning, design and construction of buildings, parks and open space, critical infrastructure and other facilities in the public right-of-way throughout the City. Ms. Nemick will address the infrastructure issues facing the City.
- Ron Galperin, Los Angeles City Controller- to demonstrate ControlPanel LA – the City’s first open data site which allows the public to explore how the City spends our money with an in-depth look into the City’s financial books. He will also discuss his current audit of the Bureau of Street Services.
- Robert Rosebrock, Veterans Advocate- Presentation of plan to help the veterans that are homeless to get the services they need.
- Los Angeles Sidewalks Update on the progress of the committee formed to create a solution for our City's broken sidewalk issue. CIS will be presented.
- EmpowerLA- Grayce Liu
- Budget Advocates- Jay Handal
- Board of Neighborhood Commissioners-Len Shaffer
- LADWP REPORT-Jack or Tony
- Congress Report-Cindy Cleghorn, Denyse Selesnick
- Speed Round/ Announcements