Art on the Farm 2014
Visit #1: Next Sunday, April 13 | Green Gulch Zen Farm & Zen Center
Alan Mart has just heard from Qayyum Johnson at Green Gulch and we have been invited to attend next Sunday. I have just requested that North Bay Plein Air add this to their Meetup Schedule. If you are a member there, please sign up so we can see who plans to attend and arrange ride shares. There is also a ride share board on the Zen Center website. There is no public lunch that day. There is a Tea from 1:30 -3pm that you must sign up for if you are interested in that. Otherwise, please bring your own picnic lunch. Here are the details for our day:
We are welcome on the farm and in the garden.
1. It's their Public Program Day, so the main area will have lots of folks participating in retreat/lecture program.
2. Please yield to farm vehicle traffic
3. Be kind
4. Pets on leash only & pick up after them
5. Respect privacy of resident of farm hut (quaint building along creek)
â€¢ stay out of their yard
â€¢ close gates
â€¢ talk quietly
6. Enjoy yourselves the the gulch & make great art.
Let me know if I can help in any other way,
Green Gulch Farm Zen Center
1601 Shoreline Highway
Muir Beach, CA 94965
Directions to Green Gulch>>
Take Highway 101 to the Highway 1/Stinson Beach exit. Turn left at the Arco station onto Highway 1 (Shoreline Highway). Follow the green signs for Highway 1/Stinson Beach. After 2.5 miles the road forks - bear left towards Muir Beach. Go 2 more miles and you'll see a eucalyptus grove and large sign on the left indicating the driveway, "Zen Center/Green Gulch Farm/Wheelwright Center." If you find yourself at Muir Beach and the Pelican Inn, you've gone too far. Turn around and go back the way you came. We're on the right, about 1/2 mile up.
Driving directions are also available online from maps.google.com.
We recommend that you do not leave valuables in your car.
Other Artist Reminders:
Please send your materials to be featured on our website. This is going to go up "first come, first serve". Whoever gets their interview and images in first will be featured first.
You can do this now or whenever you have time, and send it back to FarmArtPR@gmail.com (or simply, firstname.lastname@example.org-- you don't need the caps)
Please fill out the interview questions below, and send it back in one email with 3 good photos of you, your work, or your studio. If we get enough, we will do "Artist of the Day" or "Artist of the Week" on Twitter, linking back to these posts to drive traffic to our site. By the time we have our next show, there should be a larger audience visiting the site.
1. Please tell us a little about yourself and your background. How did you get started in painting, photography, art?
3. Who or what inspires your art the most?
4. What subjects do you enjoy painting and why?
5. Where can people see your art? Do you have any upcoming shows?
6. What kinds of activities do you and your family, friends, pets, enjoy in the Bay Area?
7. What do you love most about living and painting in Marin and specifically, Marin Organic Farms? Do you have a favorite Farm we have visited and why?
Artist + Volunteer