Tickets for Brooklyn, Philadelphia and Boston are now on sale.
Philly! Brooklyn! Boston! We are coming for you. Three magical kingdoms with remarkable footballing traditions. It is our honor and delight to be able to celebrate nights of World Cup wonder in your loving embrace with local footballing loving guests, beers and pies:
July 2 - Brooklyn - Music Hall of Williamsburg - TICKETS (16+) July 6 - Philadelphia - Theatre of Living Arts - TICKETS (21+) July 11 - Boston - The Sinclair - TICKETS (All Ages)
You get access to these bad boys now because you, dear GFOP, are a Raven subscriber. The general sale begins Monday at 10 a.m. ET.
Tickets and information for all other dates is available HERE. We are delighted to say, just ten tickets remain for St. Louis [TICKETS HERE] where the remarkable Josh Sargent is among our guests. We have 20 left in San Francisco [TICKETS HERE] where Billy Beane will join us on stage. Portland [TICKETS HERE] and Seattle [TICKETS HERE], two of the mightiest cities in our football firmament, we are also bursting to be with you.
Los Angeles, we are headed to you for a fairly bonkers Live Show next Saturday night. Come and be with us TICKETS HERE. We will also be having a post-show drink (details coming soon), so even if you cannot make the show, come raise a glass with us. We hope to make it a night to remember.
2. To the GFOPs who flew in from all points to be with us at Tuesday’s Fifth Annual Night of the Golden Blazer, we raise our glass to you. The Highline Ballroom was packed to the rafters. We raised money for Hope for the Warriors. It was truly a night of nights, and the post-show drink was a thing of wonder. To more nights of joy in the weeks ahead. If you missed it, you can listen to Big Cat, Landon Collins, Rob Stone, and Alexi Lalas HERE. Huge thank you to all our friends at Budweiser and to GFOP Tony Award-winning theater producer John Johnson for helping us pull this off. The Sean Dyche to our Ashley Barnes.
3. An enormous, Andy Carroll-sized thank you to every GFOP who made the National Day of Blazers such a crazy success for the launch of ENCYCLOPEDIA BLAZERTANNICA. I hate almost everything we do. I am a gent who focussed on the negative and am naturally self-critical. But even I love our book and am extremely proud of the work we have done with you, Great Friends of the Pod, to create it. Power Bald Jeff Bezos has slashed the price on the website which rhymes with Wamazon, so you can buy a copy for your kids, children’s teachers, Father’s Day, or local dentist, and still have beer money left over.
4. Thanks also to those of you who have taken a minute to drop a five-star review. It really helps. And reviews like this make me laugh. (That the Amazon Word Cloud of your reviews includes the words “Crap” and “Tweed” makes my day.)
5. We are now giving away three of our new World Cup Men In Blazers National Team jerseys (coming soon from our friends at Adidas) if you Tweet a pic of your favorite page or entry of ENCYCLOPEDIA BLAZERTANNICA and explain why it's the least crap using the #MiBLeastCrap.
6. Speaking of our MiB Adidas National Team Jerseys, they are part of a line of merch we have created specifically for the World Cup and for #MiBAcrossAmerica. GFOPs at the LA Show, you will have a chance to purchase one of THESE beauties before they go on sale to everyone else, so be sure to stop by our merch pop up and pick one up. Our merch is the work of GFOP Jake Wagner, who has stepped up to do with alongside designer Ian Hutchison. View all of our merch HERE.
7. Some MiB in other media alerts:
I wrote a World Cup Preview for the Wall Street Journal: READ HERE Davo and I were on the Dan LeBatard Show, a team we have long admired. LISTEN HERE Last night we were on Watch What Happens Live. With Don Bloody Johnson!!! WATCH HERE CBS Sunday Morning Shot the Golden Blazer. That segment is scheduled to run June 10.
8. Big Sam is gone. Ding Dong the witch is Dead! I am more relieved than elated. The whole experience was very violating. I have never, in my lifetime, seen an Everton manager make less effort to understand the culture of the club and the values Evertonians hold sacrosanct: tenacity, loyalty, passion and collective endeavor. I hope that lessons are learned. But then again, this is football so… probably not. We Pod Monday and will discuss that, and Manchester United’s FA Cup victory in detail. We are also shooting a ton of World Cup previews today so watch our social for tune in information. I must now go and finish breaking down Saudi Arabian game film.
PS. Help Wanted, Assistant Editor. We are looking to add an assistant editor to our growing team. We need someone who can both name Brighton’s right back and set up multicam editing sequences. We love all of you young, hungry GFOPs, but this position is for someone with professional editing experience. If you think you might be a fit, send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PPS. New Parquet Courts Album. GFOP and massive Manchester United fan Austin Brown’s band has a new album, “Wide Awake!” out today. The very first track: “Total Football.” Give it a listen, dear GFOPs. And for those of you in NYC, the band is opening a “Total Football” pop-up at Canal Street Market June 8 - 17.
PPPS. United States at the Street Child World Cup. America does have one team in Russia this summer. One of our favorite charities, America SCORES, sent nine young women between the ages of 14 and 17 from Washington, D.C. to the tournament, which wrapped up today. A massive congrats to the team. Among their results, a penalty shootout victory over the host nation. Read more on the team’s amazing story HERE.