Farewell to Will Chaffey
Will Chaffey has been offered a role with Elders as the District Wool Manager for NSW Central West based in Dubbo and as such will be finishing with Sheep Genetics on the 4th of March. Will has been a great asset to our team as the LAMBPLAN Development Officer over the last 14 months and we will be sorry to see him go. We wish him well for the future.
Bred Well Fed Well Workshops
MLA funding is currently available to support producers and groups to host a BWFW workshop in their local area.
The workshops focus on the following:
BWFW is a great initiative to increase sheep industry productivity and profitability.
- improved understanding of how to use reliable breeding tools to improve enterprise profitability;
- how to develop a breeding objective for your sheep enterprise;
- better management of ewe nutrition for reproductive performance and flock profitability; and
- skills in assessing ewe condition and developing simple energy budgets for the ewe flock.
- Practical sessions include condition scoring, feed budgeting, ram rankings and ram selection.
For more information or to book a workshop please contact Serina Hancock 0403 570 823 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Regional Forums - Save the Date
Tentative dates have been set for the 2016 Regional Forums, these are a great way for breeders to keep up to date with what is happening in LAMBPLAN and MERINOSELECT and assist in understanding analysis changes that have been rolled out.
- 17/05/16 - Armidale NSW
- 19/05/16 - Young NSW
- 24/05/16 - Wodonga VIC
- 26/05/16 - Hamilton VIC
- 09/06/16 - Launceston TAS
- 21/06/16 - Adelaide SA
- 23/06/16 - Mt Gambier SA
- 26/07/16 - Williams WA
Other events of interest
- 2 & 3 March 2016 - Carcase Scanner Accreditation - Armidale NSW
- 16-18 March 2016 - Potential Data Smart Workshops in WA. If you were interested in attending please complete the expression of interest form .
- 10 & 11 May 2016- Genetic Service Provider Training - Melbourne VIC
- 10-12 August 2016 - LambEx - Abury NSW. For more information on LambEx please visit www.lambex.com.au
Upcoming Analysis Dates
Please note the remaining analysis dates for 2016, and ensure that data is submitted with at least one analysis before sales or field days. This allows time for any missing information to be included or corrections to be made.
All data needs to be submitted to email@example.com or could be missed for inclusion in the analysis.