We would like to wish everyone a happy and safe Easter. Please note that the Sheep Genetics office will be closed for the public holidays for Easter Friday, Easter Monday and ANZAC Day (April 18th, 21st and 25th)
Tentative dates and locations have been selected for this years round of Regional Forums. These forums are aimed at educating members of Sheep Genetics on all aspects of producing accurate ASBVs for your breeding program. While there is a set agenda, these days are also a great opportunity to ask questions within a room of other breeders and Sheep Genetics staff.
Tentative dates and locations:
- Tasmania (Ross/Campbelltown) - June 3rd
- Central West NSW (Orange/Cowra) - June 11th
- Northern Vic (Bendigo) - June 17th
- South East SA (Bordertown/Keith) - June 19th
- Western Australia (Location TBC) - July 29th
As communicated in a previous email there are a number of Analysis and Reporting updates being implemented during April. These include:
- ASBVs to incorporate genomic information
- Handling of yearling reproduction groups improved
- Extra adult weights utilised within terminal and maternal analysis
- Additional carcase data utilised in maternal analysis
- MERINOSELECT indexes updated
- Dohne reproduction trait analysis and reporting changes
Full details can be found on our website by clicking here
Leading Breeder Forum
We would like to thank all those who attended the Leading Breeder Forum held in Wagga during March. The event was well attended and we look forward to continuing this annual event next year.
For those who missed out or if you missed something on the day, we will have videos displayed on our website shortly. A notification will go out when these can be viewed.
IMPORTANT - You must be using an accredited carcase scanner
As a way to underpin the integrity of the Sheep Genetics programs and to ensure your breeding values are as accurate as possible, it is a requirement that all members who wish to submit carcase scan data have that information collected by an accredited operator.
A full list of those accredited can be found under the Service Provider tab on our website.
Data needs to be submitted by 5pm AEST on the dates listed above to be included in the analysis. Please allow up to 2 weeks for data to be returned.