Contributed by Anne Barton.
I was surprised to discover that I’d never written about Swan before in this newsletter since it’s keyword, Grace, is so often used in Kendra’s writings. The word ‘grace’ summons divinity in my mind – perhaps because of the song ‘Amazing Grace’?
I found this quotation, which added something more to the word, beyond the dictionary definition “elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion or action.”
“When a person expends the least amount of motion on one action, that is grace.“ —Anton Pavlovich Chekhov, Complete Works and Letters in Thirty Volumes, Letters, vol. 8, p. 11, “Nauka” (1976)
Key Concepts when Swan is Present:
- Be at one with all planes of consciousness; heed your dreams.
- Trust in Great Spirit's protection; the Universe will provide.
- Honor your female intuitive side.
- Accepting grace means going with the flow.
- Accept the healing and transformation of your life.
Swan medicine teaches us to be at one with all planes of consciousness and to trust in Great Spirit’s protection. Swan tells you to accept your ability to know what lies ahead. If you are resisting your self-transformation, relax. It will be easier if you go with the flow. Stop denying that you know who is calling when the phone rings. Pay attention to your hunches and your gut knowledge, and honor your female, intuitive side.
In the world of Spirit, you need to pay attention to the unseen. You may sense or feel in a slightly different way, but this is gradual. Sometimes this shift is lost among your normal activities until you feel “spaced out.” At these moments it is time to reconnect to Mother Earth. Try these steps to handle the process of trusting your intuition:
- Notice your surroundings and touch the Earth with your feet, hands or both.
- Focus on one reality or the other. If you are being called to visit the Dreamtime, stop what you are doing and be still. Enter the silence and empty your mind of chatter. Be receptive and open so that the message may enter your consciousness.
- If you are just preoccupied, daydreaming, or “spacey,” you need to focus on doing some physical activity. Use the reasoning side of your brain to make a list of what you need to do next, and this will stop the clutter in your mind that may be causing the confusion.
If Swan has flown mightily into your journeys, she comes to tell you that sweet loveliness can hold within it strength without losing its own wondrous quality – let no one convince you otherwise. Know that you can attain the impossible dream because it already exists. Swim with the river of your life, and it will be revealed.
Works Cited & Resources
Sams, Jamie, and David Carson. Medicine Cards. New York: St. Martin’s
Press, 1988, 1999. Print.
To learn more about Animal Guide readings, as well as other readings I provide, visit http://tiny.cc/AnneBartonReadings.