|March 6, 2017
Dear Entity Administrator,
|Subscribe to the ADEConnect Updates blog for the latest training resources and news!
Imminent Enhancements Edition
We know that entity administrators often feel unheard, ignored, even neglected as they toil to match roles with users and users with entities. The job is a thankless one, usually only recognized in the rare moments when the keyboard sticks and an email address is mistyped. We are here to tell you that we hear you.
In fact, we not only hear you—via email, telephone, instant message, face-to-face meetings, surveys, and one time a carrier pigeon—but we understand your frustrations and are working hard to provide solutions. In direct response to your feedback and requests, ADE’s Information Technology division has built two new applications to enhance your ability to get things done. Discover how the new Self-Service Portal puts solutions at your fingertips. Then read about the exciting new features coming to the Entity Admin Application and learn how you can help with testing.
In response to popular demand, and not a few support center prayers, we are launching a self-service help portal for ADE application users throughout Arizona. The portal will officially go live on Tuesday, March 7, 2017. Read on to learn more about what you can do with this powerful new tool:
- Access the portal in one of two ways:
- Click on the Self Service Portal link on your ADEConnect home screen (look in top-right corner)
- Visit https://help.azed.gov and log in with your ADEConnect credentials
- Federated accounts use their SIS or network credentials
- Self-registration account logins are also valid
- Read the quick reference guide Accessing the Self-Service Portal
- Easily navigate the portal using any web browser
- Browse the catalog by subject
- Search by keyword
- Helpful hints guide you along the way
- Find answers to your questions in the form of how-to guides, FAQs, tutorials, and technical documentation
- Help article library for ADE applications and services, such as ADEConnect, Grants Management, or the Event Management System
- Rate articles by usefulness and bookmark your favorites
- Popular articles are highlighted in each catalog subject area
- New content is added regularly
- Submit and manage your service requests (support tickets) from within the portal
- Create application-specific or general service requests via web form
- View and track your own tickets, both current and past
- While the portal is not able to show all tickets associated with an entity (school and/or LEA), we hope to include that much-requested feature in the future
>> Be sure to subscribe to the ADE Support blog
for all the latest updates on the Self-Service Portal and other important support news.
Entity Admin Application
With nose to the grindstone and pedal to the metal, the ADEConnect team is making great progress on the new Entity Admin Application. Set to launch this Spring or Summer (depending on if you mean Arizona Spring or actual Spring), this feature-rich application will be the answer to many an entity administrator’s prayers (or curses). In the meantime:
Questions? Choose a solution!