|February 24, 2016
Dear Entity Administrator,
|Visit the ADEConnect web page for the latest training resources and news!
This is your update on all things ADEConnect. You can also find the indicated documents and past issues of the update on the ADEConnect web page
in the News and Notifications section.
District ≠ School
Entity administrator permissions do not flow from district-level to school-level;
if you are an EA for your district, you are not automatically an EA for the district's schools. Therefore, an LEA's initial entity administrator setup email needs to specifically request the EA role for the district and all the schools.
ESS EDP and Private School Application
- Sample Email — "This email constitutes a formal request and written permission to add INSERT NAME HERE as an Entity Administrator for DISTRICT NAME and the following schools: SCHOOL NAME, SCHOOL NAME..."
The ESS EDP and Private School
application will be available in ADEConnect beginning April 1, 2016. This application allows certain public and private schools to submit electronic applications to become ADE-approved educational facilities for students with disabilities.
Reminder: AzEDS Identity has Replaced SAIS ID
The SAIS ID Search
application in Common Logon has been deactivated. Beginning immediately, please use the AzEDS Identity
application in ADEConnect instead. For more information see the September 4 issue
of this update.
Reminder: Direct Sign-on Password Reset
This is a reminder that users who directly log into ADEConnect (instead of going through a student information system) are able to do their own password resets. NOTE: The reset only applies to users' ADEConnect direct sign-on password, not to SIS passwords or Common Logon.
Make Sure You (and your colleagues) Are Receiving These Emails
Here are some suggestions to help ensure the entity admin notifications make it through your system’s spam filters:
- If you can find any of the emails in your junk mail or spam folders, simply click on the email and mark it as Not Junk. (This assumes you are using Outlook for your email. If not, there should be a similar mechanism in whatever program you are using.)
- Add the email address – firstname.lastname@example.org – to your address book/contacts list.
- If the emails are being filtered out before they even get to you, you can try to have your IT folks “whitelist” the @azed.gov domain.
- If you still aren’t getting the emails, your IT folks can “whitelist” the following IP addresses:
ADE Information Technology Division
Questions? Choose a solution!