Chamber Monthly Coffee Social
It is that time of the month again. Time for the Clearwater Chamber of Commerce's monthly coffee social. This month we will all be meeting at SKT, 112 S. Lee, on Thursday, March 13th, at 9:30 am. Come join us in the conversation about what is happening with the Chamber.
Youth Baseball & Softball Registrations
Youth baseball & softball registrations are currently being accepted.
T ball - $40
Machine pitch - $55
10U player pitch - $70
12U player pitch - $75
15U - $85
Multiple children discount: 1st child pays 100% of highest priced division, 2nd child pays 75% of 2nd highest priced division, 3rd and remaining children pay 50% of remaining divisions. Children must all reside at the same address during the baseball and softball season.
Registration forms can be picked up and returned to the Recreation Office at 109 E. Ross, or visit them on the web by clicking here.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 12, 2014
Blastball Registrations Also Available
Blastball registrations can be picked up and returned at the Recreation Office at 109 E. Ross.
Fee: $15 (includes team t-shirt)
Registration deadline: May 7, 2014
Season begins: June 2, 2014
Good Shepherd Preschool
- Class field trips:
- Fire Department
- Sedgwick County Zoo
- Clearwater City Library
- Local Pumpkin Patch
- Wichita Children's Theater
- Great Plains Nature Center
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park
Contact us at:
- Parent/ teacher conferences
- Muffins with Grandparents
- Costume Parades
- Thanksgiving with families
- Christmas program and parties
- Valentines sharing and parties
- Spring Break with USD #264
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Graduation of 4/5 year olds
like us on Facebook by clicking here.
How to keep your Student Safe on Spring Break
The Spring Break countdown is inching closer to zero, and chances are hanging with mom and dad isn’t on the itinerary for your student. If your kids are hitting the road for an adventure this spring, these important Spring Breaker tips can help keep things fun for everyone.
• Notify the bank or credit card company that there will be charges in another state or country and include the dates of travel. This can save you the headache of a card freeze should the bank suspect your student’s card has been stolen.
• Keep copies of all the personally identifying information your student is taking on the trip at home. This includes driver’s license, passport, all credit cards and even insurance cards. Should something happen to your student’s purse or wallet, having a record of these numbers will be helpful.
• If traveling internationally (even in Mexico), register with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Entering your student’s travel plans allows the U.S. Department of State to better assist them, and you, in an emergency.
• Your student is likely to travel with expensive electronics – phones, iPads, laptops, etc. When these items are left in cars, they’re at risk, especially if they’re exposed on a seat or even on the floor. Keeping them stashed in a glove compartment, trunk or even under a jacket can help keep thieves away. And don’t forget to put a passcode on all electronics to make your information harder to access!
• Get a copy of your student’s itinerary and alternate ways to contact him or her while away. This might include cell numbers of friends along on the trip, hotel or tour company phone numbers, and even airline contact information.
Sun and fun await the Spring Break crowd. With just a bit of preparation and precaution, it’ll be a chance to make memories that last a lifetime.
Brought to you by Kay Sands with Farm Bureau Insurance.
Clearwater Police News Release
Beginning February 24 thru March 07, the Clearwater Police Department will join other Kansas Law Enforcement to stop what has been an epidemic for the past several years. In 2012, 43 teens lost their lives due to car crashes in Kansas; 74% of those teens were NOT PROPERLY RESTRAINED.
In an effort to change this trend, law enforcement across Kansas will be extra-vigilant when patrolling around schools. For more than twenty years, officers have educated and warned passengers and drivers regarding the importance of using restraints while in their vehicle.
There should be no surprises when it comes to this enforcement effort. Officers will issue citations to any individual who refuses to obey the traffic laws, whether it is for speeding, texting, or failing to buckle up.
Chief Garcia says, “Even one teen death is unacceptable. Please slow down,put the phone away or turn it off, and always buckle up.”
Clearwater Senior Residences
911 E. Janet, Clearwater, KS
Currently available: 2 bedroom apartment
Adjacent to Clearwater Senior Center
Stove, Refrigerator, Garbage disposer
Washer and Dryer included
Larger bathroom with step-in shower
Spacious walk-in closet in master bedroom
Water & Trash paid
Approximately 726 Sq Ft.
Residents must be at least 55, income restrictions apply.
For more information and to schedule an appointment to see the apartment: Call Carol Carlisle at Riverfront Senior Residences, 316-838-1952, or email Carol at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also visit their website by clicking here.
1st Annual "Kids Creation"
Join us on Monday, March 3rd, at 6:30 pm, for a night of appreciation of the talents of Elementary West students.
View and bid on: Individual Student Works (Silent Auction) and Classroom Works (Live Auction).
"Kids Creations" is a school fundraiser designed to be profitable and sustainable while promoting the various talents of our students. Unlike sales based fundraising efforts where the school shares the revenue with an outside organization. Funds raised during the "Kids Creations" auction belong solely to the school. With no middleman taking a cut, you can be assured that your contribution is going directly to benefit the school and our kids.
Drinks and a light snack will be available. Donations will also be accepted without purchase of student works!
Ladies Monthly Luncheon
A reminder that the First Baptist Church's monthly Ladies Luncheon takes place on the first Friday of every month. The next one will be Friday, March 7th, from 11am - 2pm. This event is open to ALL ladies in the community, not just church members. If you have any questions, please contact Trish at 620-584-2058.
FBC Missions Conference
We will have Brian & Joy Ford, missionaries in China, share on March 22 at 6pm. Sunday morning, March 23, during the Sunday School hour(9:45 am), Evan Seiwert will speak about Navigators. Dean Chollar will be with us during the Worship Service (11am) to teach and share the latest news from Crossway Ministries. We will finish the conference, Sunday night at 6 pm, with Chad Vitarelli. Chad ministers thru Partners in Discipleship in SE Asia and India. All of this will take place at the First Baptist Church in Clearwater, KS.
New Event at Community Center
Please join us at the Clearwater Senior Community Center for a night of great music and friends! Saturday, April 5th at 7:00pm. There will be an open mic at intermission for those who wish to play a song or two. Also bring a snack to share during break time! For more information, contact the Senior Community Center at 620-584-2332 or John Chitwood at 620-456-2373. This event will take the place of our Jam Sessions, and will happen on the first Saturday of every month. Everyone is welcome!
Backgammon Social-Tuesday, February 4 @ 10:30 am
Join us for some Backgammon fun. Beginners are always welcome!
Loom Hat Knitting-Wednesday, February 5 @ 1:00 pm
Bring two skeins of yarn, check out a loom, and learn to knit a hat.
Preschool Storytime-Tuesday, February 11 @ 10:30 am
Join us for songs, rhymes, finger plays, and crafts. Designed for ages 2-5; however, all ages are welcome.
Scrabble Fun-Tuesday, February 18 @ 10:30 am
Bring a friend and a Scrabble game if you have one and enjoy the laughter and fun with friends.
Sunflower eLibrary-Thursday, February 20 @ 1:00 pm
Learn how to download eBooks to your device. Bring your Amazon ID for Kindles or a Barnes & Noble ID for Nooks.
Preschool Storytime-Tuesday, February 25 @ 10:30 am
Questions: Call 620-584-6474, http://clearwaterkslibrary.org/
, Like us on Facebook